Wednesday, January 2

Travel Plans

I mentioned last week that I had some cool traveling coming up in '08... then I promptly forgot to finish my thought... such is life, I guess.

Here's the story though:
For Christmas, my brother Steven gave my mom a trip to New Orleans. All expenses paid, all she had to do was pick a weekend. It's a long weekend type trip. He also said that if anyone else wanted to go, he could book the flights and rooms and we'd have to pay our own way, but we were welcome to come along. Mainly he was talking to me and/or JP.

She chose the weekend of the 22nd or so of February. JP is not on call then, he does not have Guards that weekend, and Emma's hockey games are both at home. So I am going along! Mom asked me to figure out when I could go along, because she wanted me to go, too.

Steven is actually going to get my flight, he gets all sorts of frequent flier miles, so my ticket is actually free for him. I will still have too pitch in on the hotel and food stuff, but it won't be too much, especially since it's only a long weekend. But I really need to get away from the house and the kids. I won't have to miss any classes, either, since I don't have classes on Fridays, and we leave Thursday night and come home Sunday night.

Now I just have to Google New Orleans and figure out what there is to do there, what there is to see... this trip is something Mom has wanted to do for years, in fact, the last time we planned it, actually had the flights and hotel booked, and a month before we were going to go... Hello Katrina, you bitch... so we cancelled that trip and went to South Beach instead. That was a nice trip, but it wasn't what Mom has wanted for so long... finally, she gets to see New Orleans, and YIPPEE, I get to go with her!

1 comment:

Jan Ross said...

I'll be interested to hear all about New Orleans. We have thought about going there to leave on one of our cruises, so we can see the city.