Tuesday, January 1

Maybe this will be better...

I have alot of things to talk about, and I'm thinking I may just break them up into different posts... but still post them all tonight, I FINALLY have time.

Last night we didn't plan to go out, JP was on call, I worked all day and was tired. Plus JP and I are both sick with icky snotty colds. But we went anyway. JP got one of the guys to take the on-call phone for him, and we went out with the other 'city boys' and their wives, etc. We spent about an hour in a bar, then we moved it over to one of the city boy's brothers place. JP and I rang in the New Year completely unaware... we were busy trying to beat each other at ping-pong... yeah, what wonderful romantics we are, huh?

Shit, I just realized something... hang on, I'll be right back.

I just leaned over and gave JP a kiss... yeah, 8 pm on January 1st, and that's as close as we get. Sad, truly, but also, comfortable and it's what works for us... for the most part.

Today I went over to the liquor store with mom, helped her do inventory and prep for their new computer system which goes live tomorrow. It was about 4 hours of keying booze into the new system, and double checking other people's work. It was actually kind of fun.

The kids go back to school tomorrow (YIPPEE!!) so they're taking turns in the shower and JP and I are sitting in bed, each with a laptop and the sniffles, a box of kleenex between us.
Enough for this post, there's more to tell, and I want to separate them...

No comments: