Thursday, January 17

Passing out

I felt pretty awful last night, very suddenly.
We were just finishing up dinner, in fact, I was still sitting at the table. My stomach had started to feel... icky. I pushed away from the table to get up and found myself unable to do so. I broke out into a sweat, and laid my head down on the table (careful to avoid my plate, of course). Mom and JP were both freaking out, and Mom got me to lift my head up. I guess I was all red. I reached down and took off my slippers and socks, I was burning up!
Mom got a cold washcloth and put it on the back of my neck, but when she brought it around to the front of my neck, I thought I was going to throw up just from the slight pressure she was putting on my throat.

Mom and JP helped me into my bedroom, and I took off my sweatshirt and I was literally wet with sweat. I laid back and they got my feet propped up. My hands, and quite a ways up my arms were starting to tingle, like they do just before I faint. (Yes, I have experience with this, I know the warning signs). I laid there for awhile and then started to get chilled. Under the covers and an extra blanket over me wasn't enough. I got my sweatshirt back on and dozed off. I woke up an hour later and was STILL COLD. I got up real slow and went out to the dining room to retrieve my socks and slippers.

I was feeling a bit better, although still just physically exhausted. I laid in bed for a bit longer and then went to sleep.
This morning, I was still feeling like I could sleep for another 8 to 10 hours. But I had to get up and get to class. I don't know what happened, or why, but I think Mom thinks it's stress-related. I find that odd. If that was the case, this should have happened in the fall. My spring semester is NOT stressful.

Well, there was the crap with Marcus yesterday. The Senate stuff was concerning me, too. And the business with my internship was still up in the air. It's all done and resolved now though.

I have pretty low blood pressure. It doesn't take much for me to fall over. Such a wuss, I hate that.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Back up to snuff now?