Friday, January 25

Those checks

It was on the news, most Americans will be getting a check, starting in May, and some may not see theirs until July. Sounds like it will be $600 per single person, $1200 for married couples, plus an extra $300 PER KID for those of us breeders.

Now I 'understand' the reasoning behind it, to kick start the economy. They aren't giving these checks to the wealthy: Wealthy people got wealthy by NOT spending money. They're sending these checks to people most likely to cash that bugger and run like hell to their nearest Walmart and SPEND IT!

I don't think I'm giving away any secrets here by saying that JP and I will be getting $2100. All one has to do is see my profile, says right there that we have 3 kids, and we are married, so duh, do the math. Now, even though JP and I are not "the wealthy" (duh, we are getting a check) we are also not of the Walmart-runner persuasion.

I am not counting on this money, and I am not holding off paying something just waiting for that check to come, but I do have a plan for it. Yes, already. We just heard about it last night, and I already know what I'm going to do with it.

No shopping. No splurges. No silly, unnecessary items. I will be depositing the check and then writing a check for that exact amount and sending it to SOMEONE. Someone that we owe money to. See, not exactly planning, it's just a promise to myself that I will use that money to pay off a debt. Whoever, of the 4, that can be paid off with that amount. Either that, or whoever, of the 4, has the highest interest rate charges. That's one I haven't decided on yet.

So, anybody else got big ideas on their checks?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They might as well mail mine to Rooms to Go. That's over half of what I owe them for my sofa chaise. I hope we get the checks by May but I'm not holding my breath, either.

Melissa said...

Hadn't heard about this! We'll have to give it some thought, but if we get a check, it will likely go to Visa. Or the dentist.