Saturday, September 8

Went Out

JP and I went out last night with Dan and Stacy, just hit the bar for a few hours. I love my mom, she's the best. Before we left she said that if we needed a ride, no matter what the time, she would come get us, all we have to do is call. So when the bar closed at 2 am, I did just that. JP getting a DUI would mean losing his job, so it's more than just a ticket, it is absolutely not an option for either of us to drive after even having one drink. And we had "a few" more than one!

She came out in JP's truck (we left the Kia at the bar) in her pajamas and we took her to Perkins for breakfast. We gave Dan and Stacy a ride home, too. It was 4 am before we got into bed.

It's a rainy crappy day, but I think I am going to run out to the garage to get something done. On Thursday I mentioned maybe having another post, and then never got around to it. The thing I wanted to show you was the 4 chairs that I got from JP's mom when we were down there last weekend. They are butt-ugly, painted and upholstered. And the cool thing is, with 4 of them, I can do a side by side before and after picture...

Have I mentioned how much I love ZIP STRIP? If I mention them, maybe they will send me a free case of their stuff. If so, I prefer the aerosol cans, not the brush on goop...

So it's a cold and rainy day, so if I can talk myself into getting out of bed, I might just work on those chairs, and if I do, I will post a picture of a before and a during.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COLD? It's COLD there??? It's finally cooled down in the 90s here lately.

Yes please post some pik-shurs!!

Nikky said...

Yes, it was (and still sort of IS) COLD here. Sunday got up to 60 for a high, and today (Monday) was in the mid 50's!
I can't wait for Indian Summer!