Saturday, September 29

A few details

Tuesday morning, I arrived in Grand Forks ND and spent the day listening to a nice lady go over my bank's policies etc.

As we left for the day, another girl (there were only 4 of us there) muttered under her breath "damn, I need a cigarette" I felt the same way. You see, smokers are frowned upon, anyone who smokes knows that. I did not smoke during our lunch break that day, didn't want to get "that look" from Lori (nice lady from above) or the other girls.
So this girl and I got to talking as we lit up on our way to our vehicles. Her name is Lindsey, and she's SO NICE. She had an evening of shopping planned, because her branch is in a tiny little podunk town, and she needed to expand her work wardrobe. OK, fine, twist my arm, I'll come with you! She was staying at the same hotel as me, so we exchanged room numbers and went back to change.

We spent a couple of hours shopping, and it was just amazing and freaky how many things we had in common. We decided to go out to dinner (expense accounts!) On our way driving around looking for a place to eat, we found a bar... We went in and each had 2 drinks then left, we HAD to eat. Well, we found the Texas Roadhouse for supper (YUMMY), then headed back to the bar.

Great pool tables, what can I say? We even talked a couple of the bar's employees into hanging out after they were done working, and they played pool with us, and we danced awhile, too. I found out something interesting, turns out, bars in Grand Forks close at 2 am. For those of you who are saying "Um, yeah, DUH!" Let me tell you that it is not always the case. The town I live in, some bars close at 2 and some close at 1 (party poopers) BUT, this bar, "Buck's" was open until 2 am. Lindsey and I found this out when it was time to go home, and we realized that it was, in fact, 2 am.

Uh-Oh, we have to be at the bank at 9am, dressed nice, and AWAKE... well, we didn't do too bad, we recovered just fine. Well enough, in fact, to decide to go out again on Wednesday night!

More shopping for Lindsey, and then a couple of drinks at Buck's. Really. Like...3. We played a few games of darts, and then headed back to the hotel. We had a taco pizza delivered TO THE HOT TUB and just chilled out. It was really nice to relax.

Thursday night was the big rip it up night. They had a cover charge at Buck's because they had Deuce's Wild playing. They're these two guys, dueling pianos, really. It's a raunchy comedy show, and it was "ladies night", too. We paid $6 for these wristbands and drank all we wanted from 8 to midnight. Not to mention the shots bought for us by these creepy guys. One was a UV Blue, one was a raspberry kamikaze, and one was..hell, I don't know, it was in a test tube and it was yummy. Now, these wristbands did not cover my normal drink, Mike's flavors. I do not like beer, so my only real option was to drink Long Island Iced Teas... turns out I drank several of them. Friday was pretty rough...
But it was a good time, and even though all I've mentioned is the after hours stuff, the truth is, I did learn so much about my new job.

I never took pictures, but I wish I would have, it was a great hotel. I had a second story room, with a balcony overlooking the water feature filled lobby. It was really nice. I did take a couple of pics with my new cell phone, mostly at Buck's. I don't know how to get them off the cell and onto my laptop yet though.

There, that's it. That's all the details you're getting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to get photos from your cell to your laptop just click your picture then click "send" instead of typing in a phone number type in your email address. that's how mine works anyhow.

i love going to a strange town and learning stuff about your job back home...and drinking weird drinks til the break of dawn. It sounds like you had yourself one helluva time!!

honkeie said...

Damn it, you need to carry a camera around with you at all times lol. Sounds like you had fun! And I must say the perveted little man in me thought this was a scene setting to an adult film lol. Girls night out with a stranger, drinks, hotel rooms, late night ate the bar....hmmmm the evils that lurk in my mind lol.