Saturday, September 22

I got to play with money today!

I volunteered to work this morning, and WOW, I am glad I did.

I got to play with money. I was in the drive thru all morning doing transactions. It really helped doing all that (BORING) watching the last 2 days though, I was already fairly familiar with what to do.

Now, I must say, I used to go through the drive through and it took them (what I thought was) a LONG DAMN time to do a simple deposit or whatever I was there for. Now that I've been on the inside, I realize why it takes so long. There's a lot more to it than you'd think.

I think it's like waitresssing... people who either are now, or were at one time, waitresses are good tippers. I think from now on, I will be a little more understanding waiting in line at the bank drive up.

Now I have the rest of the weekend to get any homework done, and get ready to leave Tuesday morning early to head to Grand Forks. I am driving separately from the other girl, Monica who is going from our branch, too. I don't have to work Monday afternoon, which will be nice. It's bad enough that I have to bowl Monday night, I guess I will have to use the time between classes and bowling to get packed.

I found out that the hotel I'm staying in has wireless, so at least I can be online after training hours... maybe I'll take a webcam and JP and I can have a "date" just like old times... hmm, that IS a good idea.

Oh, and my dad called this morning, I was at work, and he left a voicemessage. He isn't coming up this weekend, he still has hay to bale. Yeah... I know.

2 comments:

Steff said...

I'm guilty of thinking that exact thing...it takes so long at the drive through. I guess I'll be a little more patient from now on now that I've got a friend on the "inside"!

Have a great time at the training. How many days is it? Enjoy the you time! And how come your "date" with the webcam sounds a little naughty?!

Anonymous said...

NO MORE TEARS...I mean it!! I did good til that last paragraph. I have a soft spot for my dad tho...he was a farmer so I TOTALLY know that feeling you have.

I am glad you're getting away-I think a webcam date is HOT for JP. Now he will know what it was like for you to be at home in the house and flash the jewels about in front of the camera!! Have fun! Oh yeah and learn something good about bank telling, almost forgot that part.