Tuesday, September 4

Interview, First day of school and weekend with the In-Laws

Lots of catching up to do, it's been a busy few days.

First off, the interview on Friday went really well. I found out that they are interviewing a total of 5 people, I was the middle one. The last two they are going to talk to will happen this week, so it'll be at least a week before I either get a job offer or a "fuck you very much, Loser" letter. But I thought it went pretty good. They REALLY liked the fact that I am available Thursday afternoons and ALL DAY on Fridays. So if one of the other tellers wants the day off (and Friday is the most requested day off) then I can fill in... and it stays the same way for my Spring Semester, too. I will have different classes, but I will still have Fridays off. They also said that whomever they choose, they would definitely want to offer a full time position to after the 1 year commitment to the student position is over. They asked if I would be interested in that..

UM, YEAH!
That would ease my mind so much, just to have this job, and not have to worry about what I'll do after graduation. Plus, it's close, literally 6 blocks from my house, on the same street. I REALLY want this job!!

Next, my weekend with the in-laws. It wasn't too bad, mostly because of my two nieces, Karen and Nikki, and my other niece having a new baby. Nikki is the newlywed, Karen is just a loud girl (and lots of fun) and Amber's new baby took up SO much attention, they didn't really give me much notice...nice. On the way home on Sunday, we stopped in Burnsville and got Alex and Emma their school shoes (Etnies... $60 per kid... holy crap... FOR SHOES??)

Today is the first day of school for the kids... how nice. I got them up this morning and sent them off. Then I went back to bed, since I don't have class on Tuesdays until 10 am. Alex was groggy, Emma was up and dressed before I even had a chance to wake her, and Eric was chipper and perky, too. So I didn't even get to holler and bark like a drill sergeant, darn it!

Now I'm sitting in Business Income Tax class, trying not to fall asleep. It's an ITV class, meaning that the instructor is not on this site, he's in a town about 45 miles away with his own class, and we are just watching him on TV. So I either nap, listen to my iPod, or dink around on my computer. His tests in here are take-home, right out of the book, and we get a week to do them, so his daily lectures are just silly and boring.

Time for breakfast, Diet Pepsi and Pop Tarts...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Etnies but I'm not really hip on what's in style with kids.

WOW your school starts really late there. Ours has been in session since the first week of August.

I love those kind of classes.

Melissa said...

Don't worry, you'll get to play drill sergeant yet! They're still excited about the start of school, but wait until October ...

And that's great about the job!