Sunday, September 9

My weekend project



This is a before and a during of my chairs project. I haven't picked a fabric for the seats yet, but holy crap, can we just talk about the FUGLY shit that was on there!


The "harvest gold" paint color is pretty bad, but it was actually an improvement over what I found underneath. These chairs were, at one time, a soft baby PINK!! Someone should be shot, not only for painting these beautiful chairs, but for painting them PINK and Harvest Gold.


I got the one almost done today, well, stripped anyway. I did all I could with the Zip Strip, then took the sanders to it. The grooves on the front legs are not fun, but I've dealt with worse. I am hoping that I can give a good Sunday afternoon to this out in the garage until the weather gets too cold. If I keep it up, maybe I will accomplish something yet this year.
Nice thing about there being four chairs is that I can have a before a during and an after all at once!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW you are doing a great job! I bet if some rich person picked out that fabric it would be "in style" now. Hope you find some pretty fabric.

Nikky said...

Thanks, Flat! The fabric will really depend on the final color of the wood. I generally don't even stain wood, just a clearcoat over the natural wood. This is some beautiful wood, too... I'm guessing so far that a nice peachy or rosy upholstery flowery fabric will compliment it nicely.

Melissa said...

Stop inspiring me, dammit! I had some good naptime scheduled and instead I'm looking around at the furniture that needs to be stripped.

(Keep it up! Looks great!)