Friday, September 14

Background checked out

I finally got a call back from the bank (THE JOB) this morning. Of course there was nothing to worry about with my background check, they just needed to have it done and signed off on before they could bring me in to actually start working.

And, being as good as I am (or rather, as good as I once was) there are no black marks on my record. Ha. I never got caught, that's all! (I am kidding, of course) (No, I'm not) Really, I was kidding. Nothing back there to worry about, not now, not ever.

So, I will start next Thursday, the 20th. The last week of this month, though, they want me to do a training week. Full days. I'd have to miss classes. And here's the kicker... it's out of town. It would require an expense account and a multiple night hotel stay in a city several hours away. I'm excited. Now, she (My boss) said that I don't have to go, she wants my schooling to come first, and doesn't want it to suffer.
That's sweet.
I'm going.
It would be a Tuesday through Friday thing. I don't have classes on Friday at all, and Thursday are wussy classes, just 2 hours. So it would only affect 2 days of classes, really.

And of course, I would be paid for those training days. Hell yes, I'm doing this!

6 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

That is awesome. And I noticed, hubby is working too?

What WILL you guys do with all the bread?

Steff said...

Congrats! I would definitely go...enjoy those few days away from the everyday stressers. Enjoy yourself! :)

Jan Ross said...

I just wrote a post about going to a conference in a town only an hour away - who cares?? It's a HOTEL and you can order ROOM SERVICE. It's all good. Try to have some fun now!

Melissa said...

So it's officially official! And they're sending you to a hotel w/expense account? This sounds like a great place to work. I know you'll have training and all, but still .. enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! We love jobs!!! We love money!!! We love 3 days without the kids at training!! Take JP & have a 2nd honeymoon is what I say!!

Nikky said...

Scott, HA! You're a funny guy...

Steff, the "stressors" are EXACTLY what I am looking to get away from!

Mrs Who and Melissa, Hotels are THE BEST, it's the closest I will EVER be to having a maid!

Flat, I wish I could take JP with me... hmmm, wait a sec, maybe I could... I'll do some checking and get back to ya on that one!