Thursday, September 20

First day on the job

I went in today for my first day at my new job. I didn't get to touch anyone else's money though. It was all computer stuff, learning what programs they use, getting logged on and setting up my accounts. I also filled out tax forms, and employee profile stuff.

I get business cards Y'ALL!!

Everyone was so nice, from the janitor (Doreen) to the president of the branch (Bill). I work tomorrow at 10 am until closing, which will be 5:45 at the latest. I'm also going in on Saturday for about 4 or 5 hours.

Then Tuesday morning I will head to Grand Forks for a week of training. FULL TIME HOURS kids! I'm really looking forward to that first paycheck, which, by the way, will be direct deposited right there.

I just like to say this: "I work at a bank"
Hear that?
I work at a bank.

And when I got home tonight, JP was in the kitchen just putting dinner in the oven. I cannot begin to tell y'all how that made me feel. Like everything will work out.
Of course, I got right to work, changed out of my "work" clothes and got Emma to help me get laundry moving.
Now I am sitting here enjoying the premiere of SURVIVOR: China

3 comments:

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome! So happy for you and your awesome new job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...I'm glad you got a job. It WILL work out...you don't have to do it ALL. It's good to share the responsibilities. MONEY MONEY MONEY (singing that song that comes on the Apprentice intro)

Steff said...

Happy 1st day! Sounds like you're going to enjoy this new job so much. When do you get to start touching the hard stuff?! I mean the money. LOL!

I like Survivor too! Kind of sad to see Chicken go...old guys seem to go pretty far on there normally.