Monday, September 10

Bowling is back; and "the bedtime song"

Tonight was the first night of league bowling. This year, I am on a different team. Our team from last year kind of dissolved. I was picked up by another team that lost a few members. I was pretty nervous, bowling is NOT like riding a bike for me. I cannot stop doing it for months and suddenly pick up where I left off. I pick up where I SUCK...

My first game though, was nothing short of AMAZING! I bowled a 146!! My second game was incredibly sucky, just to make up for it...89. And my final game was close to my average at the end of last season...120. I ended up with a starting average of 118. I can live with that, for now.

I drank 4 of my Mike's Hard Berry while I bowled, and was feeling pretty darn nice. I came home and did some homework, took about 25 minutes... that, too was nice.

The one thing that sucks about bowling on Monday nights and having Macroeconomics on Tuesday nights is that I miss two nights of torturing my kids with the bedtime song.
They hate it. It makes me giggle like an evil midget trying to take over the world. Wanna hear it? Well, you can't HEAR it, but I'll give you the words.

(this part is hollered throughout the house, and shortly followed by my kids screaming "NO!")
"Does everybody know what TIME it is???"

"B-E-D-T-I-M-E (spelled out) bedtime, bedtime, yeaaaah for ME!"
And it helps during the last part to do a little dance, shake what yo mamma gave ya, that sort of thing. The kids really hate it... I don't know why, it's such a FUN song...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL What a fun song!! You're the coolest mom. Way to go on the bowling average--and the Mike's Hard Berry!

Steff said...

Oh Nikky...I can't even begin to imagine why your kids would hate this song! LOL ;)

Melissa said...

Hee hee! Your children probably secretly love it, just like we used to secretly love when our mom would charge up the stairs in the morning singing a bastardized Mighty Mouse song (Here I come to save the day! Mommy Mouse is on her way!) Oh my, or her Good Morning to You song - that was a calmer waker-upper. Sigh. Memories.

Melissa said...

Oh, and bowling! It's nice to have the season start again, isn't it? We bowled in a summer league that ended early August, so I only had a month off, but I still missed it.

That's great that your average is about where you left it! Bring it, sister!