Tuesday, September 4

Referrals and Google

I am so grossed out.
I was checking my site meter tonight, and I clicked on the "referrals" to see how people found my site... sometimes it's from one of my "friends" who read me, sometimes it's from people clicking on my name in some other blog's comments, and getting there from my profile page.

And sometimes people type words or phrases into Google and it suggests my site among many others.
And sometimes I am repulsed at the things people look up, and then a little worried because Goggle sent them to ME, which means that whatever they were looking for, that sickened ME, was mentioned in some capacity BY ME!

But this latest one... damn. I did not technically mention it... at least not in the context in which it was searched for.

Go ahead, Google these words" maggots in my ass"

Yeah, you read that right. Freakin' sickos.
I did a post about Emma running over a dead rabbit with the lawnmower, hence the "maggot" part. In the same post I was bitching about JP telling me about this "easy out" tool. It was not easy, so I used the phrase "my ass" like one would do in the instance of incredulous non-belief.

And that, sad but true, is how I can be found by Googling "Maggots in my ass"

I need a shower, I feel so dirty.

3 comments:

Jan Ross said...

I'm actually making a list of those Google searches that end up at my blog for a future post, because some of them are hilarious. But maggots...ewwwww!

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

ew. Glad I don't know how to do that. gag.

Anonymous said...

That's the grossest thing EVER.