Friday, August 10

Tunnel covers and pedestals

JP and I went to Fargo yesterday morning.
We picked up our special order pedestals for the new washer and dryer that we got last week. I LOVE them, btw. Front load, HUGE capacity... very nice, really cuts down on laundry time with that much laundry to do!

We also got a new ladder (no more kicks to the head for me, this is an 8 ft ladder, he can get up on the roof all by himself!)

and a NEW LAWNMOWER!! This thing is NICE. I've never had a self-propelled mower before. This thing is so cool. I was actually happy to mow the back yard yesterday...dog poo or not, it was nice to mow and not worry that any second now, the dogs won't be the only ones taking a dump in the yard.

Then we stopped in at a place that sells car and truck accessories. JP was looking for the next step in the "Pimp my Ride" series. He already got a new Alpine stereo that plays his iPod in his truck, and now he wants chrome handles and a tunnel cover. We grabbed the tunnel cover yesterday, but he is waiting on the chrome to do some more price checking. So he spent the afternoon mowing the front and side yards and doing the trimming and then put on his tunnel cover, and it looks amazing, really dresses up the truck.

Not that the truck was a POS before, but it's def. getting 'pimped' now.

I went out and applied for a job yesterday. For the next 2 weeks, I can work full time 2nd shift, and after that, when school starts, I can work part time on 2nd shift. I figure I can get about 22 hours per week without losing too much sleep or study time, or 'honey time'.

Well, it's housecleaning day, I am hoping to get JP to get a few more camo things out of here and stored away. He's been home 2 weeks and I've let it go... it can wait, right? But there is an enormous tote in the kitchen that I have stubbed my toe on for the last damn time!

I'm off to grab dirty laundry, I want to collect it before JP thinks of it so I can do laundry, not him! (Wow, you can tell I love the new appliances if I'm eager to use them!)

4 comments:

Steff said...

Yea for new stuff!! Since you're so into laundry can I send mine to you..cause you know I have your address now?!

Anonymous said...

WOW You have really racked up since JP got home. New mower & washer/dryer? WOW!! You're set I'd say.

Let us know if you get a job. Waitress? Office work? Lot Lizard? lol Just kidding--that's what I tell the guys at work I do on the weekends.

Nikky said...

Steff, don't you send me no laundry girl! I have 6 people living in this house, I may love the new machines, but holy balls, I think I've got enough laundry to do!

Flat, we got "a bit" of money from JP's deployment, either the per diem or his re-enlistment bonus, so we will be doing some more shopping in the weeks to come... I really want to replace our double ovens and the fence around the back yard... and a few other things... my birthday IS coming up!!
;0)

Anonymous said...

Birthday??? Ohhh do I see more pearls in your future or maybe diamonds this time? Or practical fence & oven? You should HINT here and then JP will get ideas!!!

Hey JP...buy her JEWELS!!!!! lol