Friday, August 24

Get a haircut & get a real job!

I mentioned applying for a job last week. Well, since I can only work part time, it just wouldn't work, and it was a factory job, although it was in the inventory department. It would have been a stretch but still "within" my desired field. So that's a no.

But a couple of days ago in the newspaper, I saw an ad for a part time teller at a bank here in town. It's a good deal, part time, afternoons and alternating Saturdays. My school schedule will work great with that.
Plus, it's the bank we bank at, AND it's the bank that I went to daily when I did the books and deposits while being a manager at McShithole. They know me... they like me. I popped in today and talked to Debbie, one of my favorite tellers, and she told me more about the job, and she directed me to Karen to get an application. I asked Karen if I should include a resume with the application, and she whispered "I would, I think it would really help, good luck!"

So I will do up a resume over the weekend and drop it all off on Monday morning. I start school on Tuesday and the application deadline is Tuesday, too.

Debbie told me that they're looking for about a year commitment on this job, and I figure that as soon as I graduate, I can apply for full time, or really, any position that opens up. Get my foot in the door, ya know?
And it IS directly IN my field.

So everybody cross their fingers for me!!

(Oh, and there's no haircut, it's just a great line from a great song! But I do need to color my hair, so maybe I should have titled this "Get a hair color and get a real job")

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Fingers are crossed! Good luck - it sounds great.

Steff said...

That job sounds ideal...hope everything works out for you!

Anonymous said...

Fingers are crossed. Don't you love the thought of handling MONEY all day long!!! EXCITING!!!

Nikky said...

Oh, Flat, yeah, that is my wildest orgasmic dream, let me go into the vault and roll around in it, and count it and stack it and PLAY with it!

Thanks for all your well wishes, I will keep you posted!