Sunday, August 19

Friday's shopping excursion

Friday was our big school shopping outing.
We had to take 2 vehicles, since all 6 of us COULD have fit in the Kia, but there would be no room for the purchases we had to make.

We decided ahead of time that we would divide and conquer. We brought my mom along so that the kids did not outnumber us. I made the shopping teams with such care, taking into consideration everyone, adult and child.

I took Alex: because 1. he's easiest for me to deal with and 2. he wants me helping him pick out his clothes, not his dad. His dad would not allow some of that silly ass baggy pants crap he tries to pull.

Mom took Emma: because 1. she's ... finicky about clothes and I just don't have the patience to deal with her, and her dad would pull his hair out trying to deal with her and 2. Mom LOVES to take a little girl shopping; picking out outfits for her granddaughter just makes her day.

JP got Eric: because 1. Eric doesn't care about brand names and silly crap, he's the easy one and 2. JP deserves an easy one this year, kind of ease him back into it.

My mom pointed out that not alot of men would do a day long shopping trip like this... and I know she was referring to my dad, because I remember clearly every August going school clothes shopping with mom and Steven. She's right, JP was a real team player, and I really appreciate him.

Each adult grabbed a cart in Target, and their kid and off we went. We met up periodically at the fitting rooms, otherwise we each had our cell phones on to check every one's progress. Alex and I finished first, he's so easy for me to work with.

Mom would meet me by fitting rooms and check Emma's choices with me, and of course, they were all perfect, Mom's taste and mine are so similar, and I am blessed to have a daughter who thinks dressing like a Bratz doll is skanky-looking.

After Target, we went to Kohl's. I will still need to go get Alex his Etnie's and Emma wants those stupid Heelies (shoes with retractable wheels in the heels) and of course we will need to do all the school supplies, I think that will happen Monday or Tuesday.

Even with the amount of shopping we got done, we are not done. But we were all wiped out, so before we left Fargo, we rewarded ourselves with Red Lobster.

The one great thing about the trip to Target was that the day before we went I got a coupon in the mail from them. 10% off my next purchase... when you use the card, you acquire points...after a certain amount of points, you get the 10% off coupon. So thanks to that coming in such a timely manner, I saved $60 off the total.

So the kids were very concerned about who spent the most. I was shocked, I thought Emma had the title of "biggest spender" all wrapped up...but no. They spent in their age order. Alex was the most expensive, then Emma and sweet little Eric cost me the least. What a good boy!

Well, it was fun, and I am so glad it is over for another year!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I used to love school shopping and still find myself eyeing fresh notebooks and pencils this time of year.

Steff said...

You spent $600 in Target! Next time take me please...

Glad it was a successful day of back to school shopping!