Wednesday, August 15

I'm such a dork


This is what I was so happy about JP making for me.

We just got the new washer and dryer, with the pedestals, so they're high.

It's a real P.I.T.A. using a laundry basket waaaaaaay down on the floor. Bigger loads, heavy wet clothes to lug across the room... ugh!

This would not be an issue if the washer and dryer were right next to each other, but they're across the room, thanks to the idiots who built this house. It could be done, move them next to each other, but it would require rerouting water or the dryer vent would be too far to run outside... SO, anyway, this is what we have.
I told JP that I wanted a laundry cart, like they have at the laundromat. We went and bought a mechanic's little stool on wheels, and the big blue tub with handle strap things. He bolted the tub on the top instead of the little cushioned seat, and VOILA!
Now I can easily transfer laundry from the washer to the dryer and from the dryer to the laundry table.

He's so sweet to me.

5 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

That makes me so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

You have the coolest washer/dryer EVER, mainly, well primarily because they are RED. That KICKS ASS!!!! It's like rock n roll washer/dryer or something.

Oh the pushy cart thing is cool too. I can see why going across the room would be so difficult and annoying. YEAH JP!! Glad you are home.

Melissa said...

Very thoughtful. You have a good man there!

Nikky said...

Rock and roll washer and dryer? Wow, Flat, you're a dork, too! Welcome aboard!
LOL
;o)

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

Is he an engineer?!?!?! We should all form a support group.