Sunday, August 19

Step Monster

I think it was Demi Moore in St. Elmo's Fire who first uttered the words (or is it one word?)

Step Monster

I have liked that word ever since, and I think I saw that movie when I was 12 or 13. I did not have a step monster at that time. I have one now.

I love my dad. I have made such efforts with his 'lovely bride'. I am officially done. I'm done even making an effort.
We had a family reunion this weekend. She did not say hello, she did nothing other than sit in a corner with her arms folded across her chest and a scowl on her surly face. Mark tried to speak to her, start a conversation with her, and she snubbed him.

If she is that horrible in front of my dad's family, I can only imagine what a heinous bitch she is to him at home. I love my dad, he does not deserve this. He doesn't deserve my mom, but he certainly doesn't deserve the complete opposite end of the spectrum either.

Friday was a good day, and worthy of a blog post, but not right now... there's elk steaks on the grill and corn on the cob in pots on the stove, so obviously, I have to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elk steaks? Oh I'm so jealous. My ex husband was/is an annual elk hunter. I miss the meat SO badly.

Are you finished eating? Tell us about Friday!!