Saturday, August 25

Oh... I'm.... SOOO happy for you

Ever have something like that happen? A friend gives you what they consider to be good news. You feel it in your gut that it is SO the wrong thing for them. Whether it's an engagement or a pregnancy, whatever it may be, why is it so obviously wrong to EVERYONE except the person who is engaged, pregnant, or whatever...

All I can do is be the supportive friend and be there when things fall apart. How can I tell someone that this event, this great and joyful time in their life is something I see as the worst thing that could happen to them. I could be wrong, I wish I were, but I just don't see it turning out all wine and roses...

*sigh*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People make their own mistakes. Nothing we say or do will change anything. We can only sit back and THINK "I knew it!!!!!" when it falls to shit.

Nikky said...

That's exactly what I plan on doing, I just hate it, that's all. And I love her dearly, so I doubt I'll be saying "I knew it"... more like "I'm sorry I was right"

Ya know? I hate this. I hate having to fake 'happy for you' stuff.

Anonymous said...

Yes I hate fake anything (except jewlery maybe!! ha ha) I often have to put on the fake smile for my friend at work when she tells me about BJ's in the car wash & how T took her to Taco Bell for lunch. lol I don't know if you are like me in the fact you hate telling her ALL the great things JP does for you b/c you know how bad it will make her feel.

You would like Superbad movie--Bat & both wrote about it.

Steff said...

That is a hard spot to be in, but just remember that most friends want you to support them...right or wrong. In college I had a friend that I thought was making a huge mistake. And I told her. We didn't speak for two years. It was horrible. Just be careful what you say...let her know that it's all in love and concern. If she doesn't take your advice then just be her friend and zip your mouth. Trust me...that's what friends do.