Tuesday, August 28

Nik's "To Do" list

  1. Get a frame for the FABULOUS print I got from Jennie
  2. Finish writing the note to include in the envelope I have to mail out to Jennie.
  3. Mail it to Jennie.
  4. Take a picture of the FABULOUS print I got from Jennie.
  5. Hang the FABULOUS framed print I got from Jennie.
  6. Read Chapter 1 of Intermediate Accounting.
  7. Do problems 1.1 through 1.14 of Chapter 1 for Intermediate Accounting.
  8. Make supper.
  9. Do a load of laundry.
  10. Go to Macroeconomics at 6:30 tonight.
  11. Clean out my pigpen of a KIA.
  12. Clean my room.
  13. Go to the store, buy Diet Pepsi in small bottles.

Ok, so you're thinking "If she's got time to write up a dumbass list, why didn't she just use the time THAT took to do a few of the things on her list?"

Good question...

Oh, and I got asked (read:begged) to take over the position of Student Senate Treasurer today. Remember in the Spring, I "lost" the election, and wasn't too broken up over it? Yeah, the twit Lori who got it, she resigned. Now the faculty advisor wants me to do it. I have a real hard time saying NO! in situations like this...

but I did it today. I have my husband home, and my priorities have changed, and I no longer need something to do every second of every minute of every day in order to keep my mind off the horrible thoughts and "what if's" that go along with having a loved one in a war zone. He's home, and I want to be able to enjoy him every minute of every day (nudge nudge wink wink)

I'm so proud of myself for not allowing someone to flatter and beg me into doing something that I would, yes, LIKE to do, but I know that I would end up resenting it and not doing the job well as a result. I am certain that they can find someone else who will do that job (not as good as I could, but still) just fine. My family is more important than the financial status of the Student Senate, that's all.

4 comments:

Steff said...

Okay...I completely get the point of making a list. Sometimes I even add things to the list as I do them just so I can cross them off.

List on sister...list on!

And PS...I want to see the print.

Anonymous said...

Somewhere between 4 & 5 I'm going to insert "post picture of print on blog for Flat Coke to see".

I hope you don't take that class office position. Family is ALWAYS first.

honkeie said...

make them beg! and still say NO

Melissa said...

Late, but good for you! It IS hard to say no, but sometimes it is exactly what you need to do for yourself.