Tuesday, August 14

Family fun

So I was sitting here paying bills when the Pizza Man rang the doorbell.

BREAK TIME!

The whole fam sat down to eat (Taco Pizza for JP and I, cheese pizza for the boys and mushroom for Emma)

We're sitting around the table eating and laughing and teasing each other and I just sat there and smiled. It's been so long. Too long. Just to have everyone joking around and laughing.

The laughter was the best thing.

Taco pizza was a close second though!

*********************************************
After supper I was out in the sun porch having a cigarette (because I don't smoke in the house) when Emma popped out to join me for a chat. There were two plants in pots on the desk next to me, between Em and I.

I pointed to them and asked her if they were hers (as opposed to belonging to my Mom) She confirmed that they were hers, and knowing my daughter, I asked her what their names were. Yes, she names her plants.

Her response: "Billy, Mandy and Grim"
Me, being the good mom, knew immediately to whom she was referring. Cartoon Network. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. But there were only two plants. She gave three names.

I asked her about that.

"Oh, you're Grim, Mom. You can't touch Billy and Mandy. They'll die. So don't, ok?"

(camera's batteries are dead, so the pic of what JP built for me will have to wait a day or so)

3 comments:

Steff said...

I'm Grim too so don't feel too bad! You're in good company! :)

Anonymous said...

PICTURE PICTURE POST THE PICTURE!!!

Em's demand to not touch the plant was too funny. Kids crack me up.

I'm glad you had a "moment" at dinner. Aren't those great!!

Nikky said...

Geez, Flat, the pic is probably going to disappoint once I actually get it posted, it's not a big deal, just a cool thing he made for me when I asked him to.