Sunday, June 17

Yeah, I guess I am a blogger whore!

LOL

Steff, I will let you know when I mail something out to you, and I'll send it to the date appropriate address... not sure when it will be, we are doing strawberry jelly this week.

Well, I had an interesting day. I slept in until almost 10, and putzed around the house for awhile. Then the kids and I loaded up and headed out to Mom's. We didn't get any chippies or any other varmints for that matter...

We loaded up and went to Fargo. Cigarettes, dog food, a stop at Target for Alex's latest "want", a new playstation game "God of War". He paid for it himself, but I had to buy it... age restrictions. Then we stopped in at the Sportsman's Warehouse. I was window shopping... well, I WAS, til the guy told me that they have a layaway program. Mom has a really nice .22 rifle. I have a .22 rifle, but it's small, more like Alex's size. The barrel is too short, and I don't care for the scope. I wanted to look at new ones, get an idea of the price I would be looking at. I chose a really nice Remington. I put some money down on it, and can pay it off a bit at a time. It is so nice.

To celebrate, we stopped at TGIFriday's for supper. Being a good girl, wanting to watch what I eat, I had a (fabulous!) cedar seared salmon on a bed of greens, grilled portabello mushrooms... simply the yummiest thing I have ever eaten that was actually NOT bad/fattening for me. Normally I would have chosen some pasta, or a fried something... in other words, fattening!

When we got back to Mom's, we decided to sneak out onto the deck and see if we could kill anything. This was the first time I had brought my old .22 out there, so I asked Alex if I could take the first shot, I wanted to check my shot. We had used a pop can earlier to line up the scope, but I really wanted a live target.

It didn't take long, and our victim showed his ratty little self. I took the shot and pretty much took his arm off... gruesome, but very cool.

That takes my kill count to 4 chippies and 1 squirrel. I just want a bunny now. I wish I could shoot in town, those damn bunnies are all over my yard here. Don't even get me started on those damn squirrels... I think they're just taunting me!

Well, time to get going, the laundry and housework has piled up.

2 comments:

Steff said...

Your kill count...I think I would have been afraid of you in high school!


Oh stop pouting...you know I say that with lots of bloggy love! lol :)

Nikky said...

yes, of course I know, and I admit to being a blog whore with lots of bloggy love, too!
;o)