Sunday, June 3

Book recommendations

Flat asked for a book, something she can take on her vacation. I don't generally do romance novels, but she did say she wanted something with an actual story, not just "his quivering member"... maybe there, I do have one.

Yes, it is technically one of the classics of the literary cannon, but the love story within the story of history and intrigue is simply beautiful. And I do not mean the love between Lucy and Charles, that is the classic love story. I am referring to the love that Sydney Carton carries hidden in his heart, yearning to be with Lucy, willing to do anything to make her happy, including dying in Charles' place.
I think it is simply the best love story ever written. Now I am willing to bet that Flat will probably not like this for a vacation read... it's not the light and fun novel most would want in a vacation read. I don't think I know of any light and fun romance with a story types. What I know is that A Tale of Two Cities is the greatest love story I have ever read.
Flat, if you decide not to pick up a copy of this for your vacation, I will fully understand, but please, if you have never read it, do pick up a copy and read it at some point.
There, that's all I have to say this morning about literature.

3 comments:

Steff said...

Hey! Quivering members aren't all bad. ;)

Nikky said...

I have nothing against a good quivering member either! But I'm not a fan of books containing them, just not my genre of choice... in person is always better than reading about it!

Anonymous said...

I agree I'm not much on books with quivering members, I'd rather get turned on by a good love story then make someone else's member quiver!! Thanks for recommending...I'm going to read a sample on amazon.com

I'm thinking of buying that Eat Love Pray book. I've heard it's good.