Sunday, June 17

Happy Father's Day

For the second year, the greatest father on Earth has to be away from the children he helped to create. Not fair.

Soon, babe, soon. Four weeks from now you will be back in the States, and within 2 weeks of that, you will be home where you belong. This last part of the wait is really the hardest for me, as I bet it is for you too.

Our rummage sale ended with a whimper, but it was a success. Saturday was not nearly as profitable as Friday, but I did get rid of a ton of stuff, and ended up making $165 for the two days. JP's grill is around $200, so I almost made enough to cover that, and that makes me happy.

One cool thing, Mom and I ended up selling 46 of the small candles and 16 of the large, so that was a huge inventory reduction, we were really happy with that. She also did incredibly well selling her books. In fact, she had one guy on Saturday who bought 33 of them...one guy!

After the sale was over, we did some cleaning up, will have to load the rest up this week to take to the charity so I can have my garage back. Then I let Alex and his friend Luke break that desk. Mom had said that we could bring it out to her place to burn, but it had to be free of any metal. So I gave each boy a crowbar and a hammer, and let them work out their frustrations (I do not want to think about what my 13 year old son is frustrated about...not my business)

Then while they were karate chopping and flying leaping the desk to pieces, I got the ladder out and cleaned out the gutters. The last few times it has rained, I've noticed that the gutters have been overflowing, not draining down the spout like they're supposed to. I suspected those whirly-gig seeds from that big tree by the driveway to be the clog culprit. I was right. I got them all cleaned out and drained. Then, just to make me happy, it rained last night and I woke up to shut windows and noticed a lovely flow right down the drain spout like it should.

As a reward for all my money-making and hard work, I bought myself a new thing yesterday. It's a microderm abrasion thingy... anyway, it made me laugh when I first opened it, with the right kind of attachment on this thing, it could easily be a vibrator. But it is for face scrubbing, not diddling. So I put on my soft comfy robe and spent about an hour in the bathroom, cleaning the grime and gross off of me. I took a long relaxing shower, got all better-smelling and washed away the stress of the last few days.

Then I took 3 of my coma-sleep pain pills and crashed.

I woke up this morning to Mom calling me telling me to come out early for our Fargo trip, and to bring my own .22 She said the chipmunk population has exploded and she needed reinforcements! Yippee! so we are going to head out there around 1.

Tomorrow I have to call and make another appointment with my buddy the doctor. I am still not walking right, and I am still in pain. I have to walk hunched over, and it looks like I shit my pants. You know, that bum-sticking-out kind of walk... it's bad. And dammit, I am going to need my flexibility back in about 5 or 6 weeks, so I have to get this taken care of NOW!

Well, time to jockey vehicles in the driveway and get dressed to head out.
Honey, I love you, you're the best Dad I could have ever asked for for my kids. They are really lucky to have you, as am I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...what a sweet Father's Day post for your hubby. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

*Chuckling about the vibrating abrasion kit.* Obviously I know what's on your mind. 6 weeks babe!!