Friday, June 15

I love Money!

More specifically, I love MAKING money!

Our first day of the rummage was quite successful. I alone made just under $150. Mom made about $130, the kids did well, and so did Gina.

Almost all the "big stuff" of mine is gone. The most expensive thing I have yet to sell is a $5 chair. The rest is all cheaper, so I know tomorrow won't be as financially fabulous, but just getting rid of all that stuff, WOW!

Mom and I also put some of our candles out, sold about 20 of the small ones, and around 10 of the large ones. Talk about inventory reduction, we were in that cupboard once an hour grabbing a few more to put out, it was great! I get half the candle money, and that's included in the $150.

JP, I guess I have to get you that new grill for Father's Day, since I sold the old one today! Yippee! I also got rid of Shaggy's tank and the stand for it, all the "spare" bookcases, and the old DVD cabinet. Now that I have that fabulous wall of shelves, I didn't need any of those.

Mom started out the day with something like 145 books, mostly hardcover. We sold them for .25 each, and at last count she had sold 80 of them. Yes, she had them all listed on Half.com, and all for more than a quarter each, but this was quick, and done and gone. She's pretty happy. I went to Half.com first thing this morning and "went on vacation" to suspend my inventory. Now when the rummage is over tomorrow, I will delete any inventory that we sold, and put the rest back from vacation.

I am so sore, my entire body aches, and my hip/arse region is not better. I am going to have to go back to see my friend the doc on Monday.

It was hot and muggy today, but now it's cooling off and there is a lovely breeze. I bet it was in the high 90s today (Yes, JP, I know that doesn't mean much to you, but it was awful for us!)

So we think the countdown is at around 5 to 6 weeks until I am a whole and happy woman. Gosh, that sounds so wonderful, and kind of scary, too. Not scared of being happy, just got used to NOT being happy, I guess. I am sure it will be a big adjustment for all 5 of us (hell, even that sounds nice... all 5 of us) but an adjustment that I am looking forward to.

I am off to shower (I stink...sorry if that's TMI, but I was hot and sweaty and working all day) and then I am going to pop about 3 of my 'happy/sleepy pills' and drift off to a coma-like slumber.
Until 7 am, when I will have to awaken and be perky to do this all over again...
Money, Nik, just remember, it's all about the money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to love having our annual yard sale. But much like you it's hard work for the money. But then at the end of the day when you have all that CASH in your hand you forget about putting all those stupid price stickers on everything.