Friday, June 8

"easy-out" my ass

I'm so tired of doing everything.
fucking lawnmower is broken.
the bolt holding the blade (which was shot) broke off.
half of it is still inside the... screw place.
JP tells me there's such a thing as an "easy out" tool type thing that will help get it out.
He says we have them in the garage
bullshit
so I go to buy a new blade and oh-by-the-way one of those "make my life better" easy-outs.

I'm done. I can't do this anymore. No, I probably CAN, I just don't want to.
I'm sick of not knowing how to do things, I'm sick of trying to figure shit out, I'm tired of it all being on me, and I'm tired of 'going it alone'. I just want him back. I'm sitting here sobbing like a dumb girl and I have so much stuff to do. That's another thing I'm sick of, always having something to do, there's always something that needed to be done yesterday and I hate not getting any help and I hate being the one who has to do everything around here.

The lawn will be ready to bale when you get home dear. I give up.

ADDENDUM: I loaded up the mower and the kids and the dogs and went out to Mom and Dave's. Dave fixed the bolt, put on the blade, changed the spark plug and the oil (OK, ADDED oil, there really wasn't any in there... what? I didn't know!) and cleaned it up.

We let Hailey and Comet play in the creek (holy balls, that pup is a total water baby! It was tough to get her OUT of the creek!) and the kids got Dave to take them on scooter rides, and I got into a better mood.

We came back home around 5, and got right into the laundry, and Emma went out to mow. All that good mood? Yeah, shot to hell again. She ran over a carcass (I don't know how it got in my front yard, I KNOW I DIDN'T SHOOT IT) a dead rabbit, I think, bones and guts and MAGGOTS... she claims that she didn't see it, yeah, I believe that...NOT... more like "Gee, I bet this will be cool to run over, and see it scatter/splatter all over."

Then she got a big long piece of twine wound around the shaft, and it wouldn't turn. I got a knife and cut that off, and then she tried to mow again, and there was a cloud of smoke, and it sputtered and died. The front yard is half done, looks like shit, side yard, not done, and back yard, not done.

stick a fork in me, I am done. Ya know, it has been a long time, and yes, there have been shitty things happening and every once in a while, things sucked, but I'm sorry this is just too damn much all at once... did I mention the dryer?

I think it's the heating element in the dryer that has gone to shit. The dryer (and washer, for that matter) is something like 12 years old, so I guess it's due, but holy crap, all this stuff couldn't wait another 7 weeks??

Good thing we are going out tomorrow night for Nikki's bacherlorette party... damn, I need a drink, or 8.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got everything under control. I know it sounds bad but sometimes I can't imagine life without a man to "help" fix things. I was raised on a farm and my father was a mechanic. I know STUFF but sometimes need a man, ya know? Your baby will be home soon to give you relief. Easy for me to say, I know.

Have a few drinks, forget about the effing dryer awhile.

Scott from Oregon said...

EAsy Outs are never easy. Don't let the name fool ya.

Better still are reverse fluted drill bits. You drill in reverse, which usually eventually grabs he broken bolt and unspins it right on out of here

Jan Ross said...

Things are bound to improve, aren't they? It always seems like everything screws up at once when it comes to those machine thangs!!

Steff said...

Oh, girl! My thoughts are with ya!