Thursday, June 28

Summer Session

I thought summer classes were supposed to be easy! At the very least, they're supposed to be easier than full semester classes.

I have a book and a half to read by Monday for Ethics (The Stranger by Camus and Siddhartha by Hesse) and I have a book to finish by Monday for College Writing (Books & Islands in Ojibwe Country by Erdrich)

I think I only have 3 or 4 more class meetings in each class, so it is getting down there, but both teachers are trying to cram as much as possible in those last few meetings. I have "final papers" due in each the week after the 4th.

Things have been piling up around here, driving me nuts. I am letting Eric have a "half birthday" party this weekend. His real birthday is late December, all his friends are busy with Christmas stuff, so he never gets to have friends over. So I am taking these boys to the lake for an afternoon of swimming, then back to the house Saturday night for movies and pizza. All this means that I have to get the house cleaned tomorrow. I have class today from 1-4, so I can get started tonight.

I'm still waiting on my damn lawnmower part, getting cranky about it, too.

And I have to assemble a new gas grill. And clean out the garage.
So much to do and yet here I sit blathering on about it on my blog instead of actually DOING THEM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's ok...everything will get done. You've got ALL summer, of course up there in the tundra winter is just around the corner, right? lol

I'm working 2nd shift this week, very little time to blog or read. Will do better this weekend.

Hugs!

me