Sunday, June 24

Friday & a new kind of pain

I had a busy day Friday. I was also shown how right I am at judging people, how right on the money my gut feeling tends to be.

Friday morning I got Emma and the girls in the van and we went down to St. Cloud to meet the in-laws. I gave them Em and received from them one Eric. We got back home after he talked my ear off on the 2+ hour drive home about how fabulous it was for 2 weeks down in Albert Lea. Oh, ok, whatever, glad you had fun. (I really missed this little bugger, he is such a sweetie and such a cutie)

When we got back to town, Mom showed up, she helped me take out Hailey's stitches, and then we ran some errands. The AC is out in her truck, so we did the errands in the Kia. We both had shopping to do for Saturday night, Dave's big birthday party.

We were in Walmart at 2:30. My friend Gina's boyfriend works there, and he had agreed to meet me there at 3 to get cash from me to use his employee discount to buy the grill I wanted to get JP for Father's Day. I called Kent's cell when we got there, to let him know we were there, so when he showed up, just call me and we would meet him in the lawn and garden area. I called again at 5 after 3. No answer. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I really do not like this guy. I think he is lazy, and slovenly and disgusting, not to mention having absolutely NO physical attributes to make up for these other deficits... you know what I mean, he may be a bum, but at least he's pretty...NO NOT THIS ONE. I have no idea what Gina sees in him, except that he is the rebound guy. She divorced a real loser, and now she's with a slightly higher form of loser...maybe some day she will work her way up to a guy that's worthy of her.

ANYWAY, I digress. I was pissed off at this jackass, so I decided to buy the grill anyway. The sticker said it cost $248. I had it on me, and figured, fine, that'll just give me more to bitch about to Gina, hopefully make her think about the thing she calls "honey". His discount would have made the grill $231, with figuring in taxes. When the woman rang up the grill, however, it came up at $197!! It was still on the sale price that it was in the week before Father's Day! Even with everything else I bought that day, my total was still only $225! Screw You Lazy Jackass! HA! I hated the thought of being grateful to him, of having to thank him, of him doing me a favor... problem solved, grill purchased, and for a deal, too!

After we got back from our errands, I loaded up the boys and we went out to Charity and Gary's place. They have a uber-nice house on one of the 10,000 lakes here, and we had a cookout for the softball team. Gary has a speedboat, and a jet-ski. Charity talked me into riding on a tube thing being pulled by the boat. This activity requires so much more upper body strength than I have. I ended up NOT falling off, but giving up. I just finally let go and slid nicely into the water...my arms were cooked spaghetti noodles dragging along behind me. It was a really good time though, and we headed for home around 11:30 Friday night.

No comments: