Thursday, June 21

Busy Day

It's shortly after 9 and I finally have a minute to relax.

I got up at 7:30 (all by myself, NO ALARM CLOCK!)
I got going on my huge list right away, and let the kids sleep in for an hour. I got in the truck and went out to Mom's. We swapped garbage (I took my burnables out to her and brought her non-burnables in to my town garbage) and got the truck hosed out. Yeah, honey, I'm sorry but I hauled some pretty icky stuff in the bed of the truck, and it was pretty ripe... but it's all better now, I promise!

I ran all over town running errands, and while in the City office, I promised them that next month when the water bill is due, that YOU would be in there to pay it and visit those ladies. They have been so nice every time I've gone in there, and you were so naughty to not go visit them when you were home on leave.

I got the garage worked on, hauled a load to charity, all the clothes that didn't sell last weekend, and some of the 'stuff', too. I think one more load, thing is, I don't have any more boxes to load it up in. I will figure something out, I guess.

I had Ethics class today and got a big icky writing assignment, due next Wednesday by 6 pm. I finished it about two hours ago. Then I got started on my College Writing II paper (rough draft) that's due Monday night. I'm going to be too busy the next few days to get anything done on homework, so I'm being responsible and doing it now.

Tomorrow morning I am meeting the in-laws in St Cloud and getting my Eric back, he's been with them for 2 weeks. I am also giving them my Emma, and in two weeks I will take the boys down for Nikki's wedding and bring all 3 home.

Tomorrow afternoon I am meeting Kent out at Walmart, the grill I want to get you is finally in, so he is going to help me buy that (with an employee discount) and then tomorrow night we are having a softball team cookout at Charity and Gary's place.

Saturday morning I have to make up some pasta salad and load up the lawn chairs etc and head out to Mom and Dave's. Mom is throwing a big cookout party for Dave's birthday. We will be doing burgers and brats and a bonfire with smores etc

I am assuming that by Sunday I will be too tired to do any papers with any sort of knowledgeable application, so I should get back to my assignment.

Or I could just go to bed.
Yeah, that sounds about right.

4 comments:

Steff said...

These posts are so sweet when it reads like an open letter to your hubby!

So, if he's paying the water bill next month does that mean he's coming home soon?!

Anonymous said...

Can you pass the pasta salad please?

Nikky said...

Yes, Steff, he will be home in roughly 5 weeks... the last 21 months has been hell, seemed like it has been forever, but I bet this last month will absolutely drag on and on!

Flat, it's pasta, and tiny shrimp, so easy and SO YUMMY... and if I thought it would travel well, I would send you some... how about the recipe instead?

Steff said...

Oh flat...take her up on any offer of yummy food that she's making!!