Wednesday, June 13

Hailey

Hailey went to the vet today. I dropped her off at 8am, and went out to Mom's for awhile. We made some more raspberry jelly, and around 11 I stopped at the vet to check my bugaboo.

She was out of surgery, and sort of awake. She was groggy and sluggish, but when she saw me, she tried to sit up and her tail started thumping. I spent a few minutes with her and got her to lay back down, then Mom and I headed back into town.

We got a lot done getting ready for the sale, got the garage cleaned out and organized. The kids helped a little, but not much.

At 3 we headed over to get Hailey. She looked a lot better, but still not normal. She was walking fine, but slow. Her eyes were droopy but she was wagging her tail and smiling (yes, dogs CAN smile!)

We brought her home and then I had to get going to class. In my College Writing II class tonight, we had to analyze a bunch of different poems, then we had to write our own. After about 20 minutes, she asked for volunteers to read theirs. 3 of my classmates read theirs, and they were pretty good, we discussed them, what different styles they used, etc, and she asked for another volunteer to read (she was not forcing us to read them, just asking for volunteers). I decided to read mine. She said it was really good, they discussed, and she asked me to read it again. I said no. She looked surprised. I told her that someone else could read it, but I wouldn't read it again. Too sad, might start to cry.

When I got out of class, we worked some more on the rummage sale stuff. Now I am about ready for bed.
BTW, my hip is starting to feel better, I can stand upright now, and I only look like a weeble-wobble when I walk now, instead of the 90 yr old lady mocking Quasimodo.
(Weebles wobble but they don't fall down... remember them!? The original ones, egg shaped... LOVED them)

4 comments:

Steff said...

Good for you for being a responsible pet owner!

Now, about this jam you keep talking about...if I send my address can I get some?! It sounds so yummy!

Glad to hear your butt is doing better. Wait - that didn't sound perverted did it? ;)

Nikky said...

ooh, yes, definately Steff, we will end up with a TON of it, I'd love to send you some, would you like some strawberry jelly, too? (we will be making that in a couple of weeks, I could send some of each)

Oh, and to clarify, we are making JELLY now, jams will be made with the later crop. (Jelly doesnt have chunks of the actual berry, jam does) Yeah, I just learned that myself last week!

Steff said...

Ohhh yes...my mouth is watering! I'll email you my home address. And thanks for letting me know the difference between jam and jelly. I honestly didn't know - I thought the words were interchangable. I guess you learn something new every day!

Steff said...

Okay well I couldn't find your email so I'll give you my email and hopefully you'll end up with my address!

steffanystewart81@yahoo.com