Tuesday, June 12

We're off to see the Doctor, the wonderful Doctor of Drugs

My appointment this morning was interesting.

First off, the doc I got the appointment with was the same doc who, 9 years ago, ended my child birthing experiences(thanks buddy, LOVE YA!) yeah, he was JP's snip master... great guy.

Right away, the nurse took me back and did the usual, height and weight crap. I was not happy right off the bat. Apparently their scale is off. It says I weigh a good 9 pounds more than the scale in my bathroom says. You cannot tell me that my jeans, t-shirt, flip-flops, glasses and watch weigh 9 pounds. Their scale is wrong...

I got into the exam room and the nurse did the blood pressure and pulse, checked my allergies (I'm allergic to penicillin) My blood pressure is low, always. It's like I'm half dead, or half empty of blood, maybe.

The doc walked in, shook my hand and introduced himself, and asked me what the problem was.

"I have a pain in the ass"

um, ok.

I explained to him that I thought it was my sciatic nerve being pinched, since thanks to Alex, I know what that feels like, and this is the same pain.

He was really good actually. Several times I have seen docs for a total of 2 minutes, and they don't talk to their patients, they don't listen to them. This guy did. I like him.

I told him that I could sit fine, no pain, but I can't stand upright, unless I do my Captain Morgan pose (Got a little Captain in you?) with my left leg up. Walking is incredibly horrible.

He gave me a shot of Cortisone in the left cheek, holy crap, that really hurt, and I jumped when he stuck me (sorry, wasn't ready)

He says that it will take a day or 2 for this to feel like it's doing any good, and if I am not back to normal by next Monday, then I have to go back in and they will do X-rays.

Mom and I made raspberry jelly this afternoon, and..

ALEX SHOT A CHIPMUNK!!
I'm so proud, my son is taking after his mother, a ruthless killer of small defenseless animals!
hehehe

Hailey is going in tomorrow morning for surgery, being spayed. Tomorrow afternoon Mom and I will be getting the garage etc ready for the rummage sale, and Gina is going to stop by and help out, too, since she will be putting things on the sale, too.
Time to get to bed.
He gave me a prescription for tylenol with codeine... happy sleep.

2 comments:

honkeie said...

How cum when a doctor gives a random woman an injection in the rear and gives her drugs its ok but when I do it I get chased down the highway in my white bronco?
......oppss that was my other personality, I call him OJ, he is harmless but he tends to spend too much time trying on gloves and looking at knives. He is werid like that lol.
My wife ran over a squirrel the other day, she was soo upset I had to laugh at her.

Steff said...

Hopefully that shot kicks in sooner rather than later! I hope you have a lot of luck with the rummage sale. We're having a huge garage (well back yard because it won't fit in the garage) sale next weekend. Boy do we have a lot of crap!