Sunday, June 24

Bronze Star?

I get an email version of the newsletter put out by JP's battalion. My husband's name was in the "awards and recognition' section this month. His was the only name listed under Bronze Star... My husband was awarded the Bronze Star and I have no idea why...

Honey? I know you're a quiet guy, not a boastful or arrogant man, I know that you detest "one-uppers", braggarts, and the like, but honey, if you don't toot your own horn occasionally, it's going to rust.

At the very least, you could have mentioned it to me so I could toot your horn for you! (oh, wait, that's for when you get home... heehee)

OK, honey, tell!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're gonna "toot his horn" when he gets home??? lol too funny!!!

Congrats JP on whatever you did...sounds very impressive.

Steff said...

Yes, I agree..congrats!

Dirty dirty Nikky...and on the internet no less! ;p

Steff said...

So, did he 'fess up...what was the bronze star for?

I know you're looking forward to him being home...how much longer?

Nikky said...

I haven't heard from him, so I don't know yet. I'll keep you posted!