Monday, June 11

And the hits just keep coming!

well, what a weekend.

After getting sick of crap here, I loaded up the kids and headed south. After 5 hours of driving we arrived in A.L., at the in-laws house.

I arrived with a real P.I.T.A. an actual pain in my ass. My sciatic nerve is pinched. I cannot stand up straight. I cannot walk right. I look like a 90 year old woman mocking a hunchback when I walk. This has been happening a bit lately, if I sit for too long (a 3 hour class, or a 5 hour drive) but I can usually just walk it off. Not this time.

I did go out for the bachelorette party Saturday night, but I was so out of place. My nieces and their friends were the 'young, loud and fun' ones, and I usually fall into that group, being the loud and outgoing person that I am, BUT, I didn't know any of them except my two nieces, Nikki , the bride, and Karen, her sister and the maid of honor. Plus I was in some serious pain.

The other group consisted of my two sisters-in-law, and some other women in their late 30's and up. They were the quiet ones, the ones sitting in the background and sipping their drinks quietly. I'm not one of them. Plus I was in some serious pain.

I had my other niece Amber, who is gianormously pregnant take me back to the MIL's house at 11:30, barely buzzed and hobbling. The kids and I headed for home Sunday morning and when we got home we ran out to Mom's to pick up Hailey and Comet. We stayed awhile, to have dinner out there, and Mom gave me some drugs. Pain meds, really. The last thing I remember was saying "Wow, I think this is working, I can't feel my toes"... 2 hours later Mom was waking me up for dinner.

Sucky thing is, the meds did nothing for the pain, just knock me out so I can sleep. I took some again before I went to bed last night, and slept nice.

This morning the pain is still here in full force, and it really sucks because I have so much to do. We are still having the rummage sale Friday and Saturday, and with me gimping around, it's been hard to get things ready. Mom and I spent some time today getting things planned out, and I think Wednesday and Thursday will be the days to really getting things lined up.

One nice thing about the pain in my ass is that I'm out of softball tomorrow night. I am going to the doctor tomorrow, but I know that what I really need is a chiropractor. Military insurance does not cover that though, so I'm hoping a medical doctor can help me.

Now I'm sitting downstairs vegging because it's too hot. It got up to almost 95 today, and humid as hell. I don't really want to turn on the AC yet, either.

Well, time to take some pills and drift off into the land of 'don't care'...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your doc can prescribe something that reduces the pain but leaves you functioning. Chiropractors are great especially for muscle problems, don't know if I'd trust them on the nerves tho. Maybe your insurance covers a good neurologist? Sounds like what you might need.

Should I or shouldn't I say "kiss on the ass" hoping it feels better.

Scott from Oregon said...

Anti-inflammatories.

Motrin...

Motrin...

Motrin...

Learn some exercises to do to stretch and strengthen the area around your butt.

Do those when you can.

Chiropractors can put the problem back into place if you have something frozen and slightly out...

Steff said...

My mom has that same issue and I learned real quick to not to judge because that pain is extreme. I hope the doctor was able to give you something to ease it!

honkeie said...

self medicating can be fun one shot one beer...and repeat