Wednesday, October 1

You Suck TARGET NATIONAL BANK

And here's why:

I have had my Target card for quite a few years, my balance (as of the middle of August) was around $4500, my limit is either $9,000 or $10,000, can't remember. EITHER WAY, I'm nowhere near maxing the thing out.

Every month I pay my bill ON TIME, and gee, instead of the minimum payments, I ALWAYS send at least $50 MORE...

So, let's recap: I pay ON TIME, I pay MORE than the minimum, and yet I ALWAYS carry a balance... I am a credit card company's wet dream!

And WHAT, you may ask, did they do to deserve a YOU SUCK? I got a letter from them in mid August, saying that effective in September, my APR, which was already 13.99% (AKA TOO DAMN HIGH) was going to be raised to 18.99%. This was not just me, I think, it looked like a mass produced form letter.... dirty fuckers... not a good way to treat customers... unless of course, you want to LOSE THEM.

So I started shopping around for a good balance transfer. I now have 4 years to pay off that $4500 balance at a tiny 3.99% through my new best friend, Discover Card. I got that transfer done before they kicked up my APR, and I haven't yet closed the account, but that Target card is no longer in my wallet, it's in a drawer in my bedroom.

It pisses me off because I LOVE Target stores... they have some of the best shit... but their credit cards SUCK ASS. And I will not be using it anymore...

So, Target National Bank, you can join the ranks with Blue Cross/Blue Shield in the YOU SUCK files... congratulations!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my discovercard. I have a transferred balance with Discovercard. They are wonderful. I think you will be very pleased. As soon as you transfer your balance I hope you close your Target account. It will help your credit score the less credit cards you have.

Anonymous said...

I always pay Target National Bank payments on time EXCEPT once! I am visually impaired and thought read payment due on 2/8 but it was really 2/3 ,The next statement came & they had charged a LATE fee of $39 and my payments have been $26 a month -of which 1/2 ( $13.00 - at 17.99 % interest!) -went to the BANK. So they already had me as a pretty good " CASH COW " -MOOOOOOO!!!!!! I called their "customer service " and a nice emplOyee who waived the $39 late fee ( 5 days late - even if you pay your RENT by the -you DONT get a LATE FEE!).The statement on my bill said I'd have to pay $65 (because of the late fee- three times what I have been paying! I asked this nice employee if I could please have the payment adjusted to $26 -the norm,And he replied that "this could not be adjusted " .So I asked for an "account manager ".I spoke with someone named "Alisha " ( she refused to give me her last name ) who advised she would not adjust my payments back to what I could afford- even after I advised her I had lost my job and was struggling to pay my debters and would NOT be able to pay THREE TIMES what I have been paying.I advised "Alisha " that I QUITE POSSBLY WILL BE FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY -AS CITICARD , AND CAPITOL ONE -whom I also PAY ON TIME -just sent me a letter that in these "diffcult financial and uncertain times " - that they had no recourse BUT TO RAISE MY INTEREST FROM 9.9 % TO 22.99 % !! Now -I am telling " Alisha "" that the banks got bailed out & now they SHOW NO COMPASSION FOR FOLKS LIKE ME WHOSES TAX MONEY BAILE DTHEM OUT -STRUGGLING TO LIVE & HONESTLY PAY THEIR BILLS -AND WHAT DOES SHE SAY ? She says " WELL Target National Bank did not recieve any bailout money " .So I said to HER " Why would they need it when they charge such HIGH iINTEREST and DING THEIR CUSTOMERS ! I went on to say that I WILL NEVER SHOP AT TARGET AGAIN ( AND I MEAN IT ) .HER REPLY WAS " WELL ITS YOUR CHOICE " .I asked for HER supervisor and she said "there's no one above me " So I asked for the corporate address and AM wriitng a letter to adVise that I WILL NEVER SHOP AT TARGET AGAIN. ( NOT THAT THEY WILL EVEN CARE -I KNOW THAT ) !