Tuesday, October 7

And now, the REAL post...

I have had a run of bad days at work, starting last Thursday, continuing through Monday... and some of it dripped in to today. Since it's all very confidential, bank accounts and such, let me just say that people suck. They lie, they STEAL from their grandmothers, they FORGE that grandmother's signature, and the take advantage of tellers who WERE trying to be nice. Not anymore. I could have lost my job if some one's mommy and daddy hadn't paid the check and basically kept their 18 year old son out of jail. You'd think you could expect more from the son of two affluent and wealthy professionals... and that's all I have to say (read: that's all I CAN say about that)

People suck. And I'm not going to be nice anymore. I don't care if the president of the friggin' bank comes in and wants to cash a check, without 3 forms of ID AND a blood AND a urine sample, he will get NOTHING from me!

That's why I've been in a bad mood since Thursday, but it got resolved. Then I showed up for work on Monday. I was only scheduled for a half day, since I am working on Saturday. I was supposed to leave at 2:15. At 2, I was about to start "closing up shop"... close my window, balance my cash drawer, etc, when this guy walks up with an ice cream bucket. All the other girls had customers at their windows, so I waved him up, figured I'd run his coin through the machine as my last transaction of the day.

Turns out that this guy turns out his pockets every day after work and dumps it into this bucket. That would include coin, AND keys, AND watch batteries, AND earrings (??) AND a sinker weight for a fishing line... and I caught all of it before it went into the machine, EXCEPT the sinker. It jambed the machine, and I spent the next TWO GODDAMN HOURS trying to get it cleared and balanced. I sent the dumbass home, told him I had no idea how long it would take to fix it. And YES, he knew that I was about to get off work, he KNEW that he had essentially fucked me over.

OK, enough bank bitching.

We were having a conversation today about stuff we buy. Sometimes it really DOES matter what brand you get... some things... yeah, not so much.

Examples: Qtips, NOT IMPOSTORS.
Tomato soup (for recipes) doesn't have to be Campbells, generics work just fine.
Kleenex, not Puffs (in my house anyway, not just in general)
Secret deodorant, NOTHING else is good enough.
My recipe for sloppy joes, everything else can be generic, but the mustard MUST be Plochman's... otherwise it just doesn't taste quite right.

Anybody else got any MUSTs for the generics vs brand names war??

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm with you on the Plochmans! Nothing else seems quite right.

Sorry you had such shit days at work lately - either one of those situations would have been enough to put me over the top.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about work. The dude with the fishing weight sounds more like a southern dude coming in with his bucket. lol Sorry it screwed up your machine.

I MUST have name brand shampoo. Can't do the "equate" walmart version. I also must have NAME BRAND Ketchup!!! No great value or sav-a-lot crap. Oh and coffee too. Gotta have "Starbucks" brand, usually from the Starbucks store at Barnes & Nobles because it's cheaper there than Kroger!!

Anonymous said...

I tried to find you on FB too. I don't have your email address anymore. You can add me using my email I think....sandnourshoes@gmail.com. If that doesn't work let me know.