Tuesday, October 28

work vent

is it worth it?
talking to old people, I mean.
Trying to explain new procedures, or why we are asking them to verify information, they get mad (I have banked here for 30 years!) *really, jerk, I have worked here for a year, I don't know you, and if you want me to do your damn banking, I suggest you verify your damn DOB!*
It seems that younger people, age 55 and younger all GET IT! We are trying to protect you from identity theft, but the old people who basically live for their daily trips to the bank just don't get it. Yes, times have changed, and I am sorry that you can't go down to the corner soda shoppe and get a malted for a nickel anymore, people suck nowadays, they will try to cheat you out of your money, and as 'your bank' it is my responsibility (screw it, it's my job) to try to keep that from happening to you, so stop being an old dickhead!

Yeah, got some new procedures in place at work today...

I DO HAVE THE DAY OFF TOMORROW!! ALL DAY!! yippee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember in dirty dancing where those 2 old people were stealing from the guests? I wouldn't think twice about IDing old people. There are just as many crooked ones as ppl under 55. I guess you gotta be nice to those old biddys but they gonna have to learn this ain't the 18th century!!

Nikky said...

See, I had completely forgotten about the Schumachers! Good point!
The main reason for them to verify info is to be sure that we still have the correct info, in other words, nobody has called the Telebank and changed the address of their mailed statements(and therefor 'bad guy' is now receiving info from us on their acct) I can usually see a name, on a deposit ticket, whatever, and look at the person and know it's them... but if you showed me the person and asked me to name them... no. But they all gotta verify now... no verify, no money!