Sunday, October 5

Movie Weekend

I didn't have much going on this weekend, so I spent quite a bit of time vegging in front of the TV.

I watched PREMONITION, that Sandra Bullock movie, I had wanted to see it for quite some time. It was really good, I'd recommend it... not entirely a chick movie, little suspense and weird time-line crap going on, so it's not just a silly weepy chick flick.

I saw I AM LEGEND, which I bought about a month ago, and have never gotten around to popping into the DVD player. I didn't know much about it, all I knew was what I remembered from the previews on TV. The previews didn't show, or even hint at the SCARY SHIT going on. There are violent vampire type creatures that used to be humans feasting on humans in this movie. Don't get me wrong, it was a really good flick, but holy balls, scary parts!

After that, I had to watch something to settle my mind before I tried to go to bed, after all, JP was away at Camp Ripley for Guards this weekend. So I found an oldie but goodie, MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING. It's cute, and it got my mind off of the flesh eating, leaping, snarling and ugly sub-humans that had taken over New York with Will Smith.

Earlier in the weekend, I saw most of (yeah, missed the beginning) of NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN. Maybe if I had seen the beginning it would have been better. As it was, it was pretty damn good. Except the ending was just AN END, there was no resolution to the story, it just ended with Tommy Lee Jones sitting at the dining room table talking to his wife... after all that hunting down bad guys and violent killing... it.just.ended.

I fell asleep Saturday night (after Legend and Greek weddings) to THE BONE COLLECTOR, which doesn't freak me out, I've seen it so many times.

Then when JP got home, we ran to get some groceries, and rented a few more movies!
We have Leatherheads upstairs, probably won't get to that til Tuesday night, and right now we are about to start watching BABY MAMA. I'll let you know in the next few days if they are worth it or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I Am Legend was scary too. I too, was CLUELESS!! I saw the name WILL SMITH and thought it would be great. lol

We watched Leatherheads this weekend. I liked it...light comedy. I saw Baby Mama which I thought was cute but Mr. Wonderful left the room about half way in because it got too "girly". ha