Sunday, October 12

LOVING my little part time job

I worked alone last night, first time. Not hard, the worst part was the stretch from 7:30 til about 10 when I had NOTHING to do. I brought my laptop, but there's no Internet, so I worked on editing my "book" which was great, to have uninterrupted time to mess with that.

I got a rush at 10, and even though I was supposed to close at 11, I stayed open until about 20 minutes to midnight. Hell, they were playing, they were winning and THEY WERE TIPPING. Well worth staying late for.

I made $86 in tips last night.

So I went shopping a bit this morning. Most of my work pants are starting to look like a paper bag squished around the neck of a liquor bottle... I went and found a clearance sale, so stuff was clearanced, PLUS it was a BOGO 1/2 off deal, too! PLUS, when I got to the checkouts, they had a big sign offering an additional 5% off for all military personnel and families. I got 1 pr of pants, one skirt, and 4 shirts for work, AND a cute little sweatpants and zippered sweatshirt set FOR $45!!

And now I have to get geared up to go back to work. It's a shorter shift tonight, plus it's Sunday, so I doubt I will be seeing another $86, but it all helps... I will be taking my Stephen King book along tonight, maybe I can finally read that damn thing. Alex borrowed it, and he has read it TWICE, and I still haven't been able to find the time to crack it open.

No comments: