Tuesday, October 21

Some fall pictures to post



I took these last week and I'm just now getting them off my camera. Sad thing is, the trees in these pictures don't look this nice anymore. That beautiful fall color is very short lived. This is just what's on my street, visible from my driveway basically.
That's one thing I really love about living up in Northern Minnesota as opposed to the more southern area that I grew up in.
In Southern Minnesota, the only reason for a tree is to serve as a wind break for a farm house.
Up here, trees exist just for the sake of being there. Down there... flat boring farm land, corn and beans (soy, not green) for as far as the eye can see. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing farms or farmers, we need them, they just don't make for a very pretty countryside, ya know?

Well, that's all for now, I've got a few other pics that I downloaded off my camera, I'll get those posted later this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I understand what you mean about farmers. Around here everyone is a farmer, or related to a farmer, and cotton and soybeans grow everywhere. It used to be peanuts, but not anymore.

Lovely pictures, and lovely blog!!