Tuesday, October 14

Bowling, more dollars

I bowled last night, and it went pretty well. There are only 7 teams on our league, so every once in a while, we will bowl alone, not against another team. Last night was that night. It just means that we get out of there faster, since we are not waiting on another team to bowl. We still had to make our averages, so in theory, it is still possible to lose even when you're bowling against yourself!

But we didn't lose. In large part due to ME!

My first game was nice, very nice, 159. I went downhill after that, second game was a 140, so I still beat my average. My 3rd game, however, was dismal. a 114. But overall, I beat my average, and we beat our team average, despite Liz and Cheryl trying their damnedest to screw us up. No shit, that big girl got a 75 average for last night. Damn she sucks.

So instead of getting home after 9, I pulled in to the driveway just before 8:30. My mom picked up my paycheck for me, it's paid from the same office that does her paychecks. That was almost $75... and I will get those (and the tipping weekends happen to fall) on JP's off pay weeks. That is my favorite part. I just happened to get assigned to every other weekend that JP DOES NOT get his checks. Helps spread the money around a bit better.

My boss at the bank has been on vacation and will be back tomorrow, so I will tell her then about this little part time venture of mine. It will never affect the bank, I will never be scheduled anywhere near banking hours, but I think it's a courtesy thing, to let her know that I've got this going on, on the side. One of the other girls, who is REALLY good friends with the boss outside of work, also has a part time gig, doing the books and paperwork for Weight Watchers, so I know that it's ok to have this job. If nothing else, maybe it will drum up business for the bar, maybe my boss will pop over to see me some weekend.

Well, it's almost time to get ready for work, I came back from the gym and got the kids out the door, so I had a little quiet time, but now it's time to get busy.

3 comments:

EJL said...

Congrats on your great Bowl!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a good idea to tell your boss--you don't want her/him to walk into the bar one late night and say WTF? lol

Melissa said...

Nice bowling, Nikky! And we get to throw out our low game, is my theory, so damn! NICE bowling!

I love the every other week pay when it works like that. That's how it is in this household, and it's a lifesaver.