Sunday, October 19

Too old for hangovers

Holy shit.

Friday was the surprise birthday party for JP's best friend. LOVE my mom, she came and got our drunk butts, AGAIN.

I knew I drank alot, but holy crap... I spent ALL DAY Saturday in recovery. No shit, I was in bed until 4 pm. I couldn't drink anything, not even sipping water, because we all know that alcohol consumption causes dehydration, so I was TRYING to feel better... but every time I drank a little bit of water... well lets just say that it's a nice thing that the bathroom is right next door to our bedroom.

It was 4 pm before I could drink, eat or smoke... literally, I laid in bed all day and suffered.
I just hope I learned my lesson... OH, and JP was in the same shape, so it wasn't just me... poor guy though, he had to get up and take Emma to a birthday party and then go pick her up Saturday afternoon.

Today was a trip to Fargo, and some serious housecleaning, and laundry. Pretty boring around here, sorry.

Oh, except for one great thing that I found in my front yard when I got home from work: Someone had been around the neighborhood that afternoon, wanted to place political signs in yards. JP wasn't home yet... but my wonderful little democratic children were, and they OK'd the placement of an OBAMA ~ BIDEN sign in my front yard. Such good kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to leave my car downtown Friday night as I, too, was drunk as a skunk. It didn't take me as long to recover as you, but I was in NO SHAPE to drive. I would have called a taxi if Chad had been drunk, but he quit when he was supposed to.

I am SO glad I already voted!!

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

AWESOME!!!!!!