Friday, November 2

The deerhunter

So I whined last weekend about JP not getting me a new gun, he got himself one, and of course, he got Alex one for his birthday, but WHERE'S MINE? Well, in his defense, he didn't know that I REALLY want to go deer hunting. I have wanted to go for years. In the beginning of our marriage, he always kept me pregnant, or recovering from childbirth during deer hunting season. (No shit, my kids' birthdays are Sept 27, Oct 30 and Dec 22... coincidence? I think not)

But tonight we went out and got me a license. To kill a deer. Now, I get an adrenaline rush shooting a silly ass little chipmunk... a squirrel damn near makes me giddy... I cannot imagine what getting a deer would do to me... but I think, just to be on the safe side, I will bring along a change of clothes tomorrow... pants, at least.

I am not going out in the morning, I'm letting JP take Alex for that (Yeah, I'm the giver... hehe, I just want to sleep in on a Saturday for once, I DON'T have to work tomorrow morning!) But he's going to swap hunting partners about midday, probably do the same on Sunday.

So I will be posting pictures, either of my deer, or JP's... or Alex's. SOMEBODY in this house is going to kill a deer... I SO want it to be me!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss deer hunting SO badly. My ex is a game warden so we were both constantly hunting. I sold my .243 when I got a divorce, and also my muzzleloader to my ex in exchange for refinancing his house to get my name off. The things we do!

Good luck...let us know if you got one!!

Melissa said...

Oh, have fun!

Steff said...

Have fun! This isn't for me, but I can understand the feelings that come from the hunt and then the kill. Same thing for me when it comes to shopping! Though I've never peed my pants over a sale...

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

Funny girl! TOO funny.