Friday, November 30

Christmas Q & A

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?Gift bags are SO much easier, and I'm all about being less complicated!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? We usually try to wait until after my youngest boy's birthday, so he doesn't feel like his birthday is shoved into a corner because CHRISTMAS IS COMING!... his birthday is December 22... so it's often a quick tree-throw up...haha.
4. When do you take the tree down? As soon as possible...dogs, cat, it could get ugly if left alone too long!
5. Do you like eggnog? Ick...no.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The Barbie Dream House... the original. That same year, I got Barbie's baby grand piano, THAT ACTUALLY PLAYED MUSIC!! That was a great year.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, not really into religious part of the holiday (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm going to hell, welcome to my world! LOL)
8. Hardest person to buy for? Usually, my husband... but my 14 yr old boy is running a close 2nd!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom, if I like it, she will like it, so it's like shopping for myself!
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? My MIL got me a glitter Santa watch one yr... red fake leather band, HUGE face, it was Santa's face IN GLITTER. What did I ever do to her?? huh?
11. Mail or email Christmas card? People email Christmas cards? ewww. I mean, it's fine for Internet friends, but not for family and 'known' loved ones... I think emailed cards are...lazy?
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?A Christmas Story, with the Red Rider BB Gun (You'll shoot your eye out!!)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I can afford it, Right now, I am ALMOST DONE! That's gotta be some kind of land speed record for me, usually I procrastinate!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Of course! No explanation, just YES.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Somebody always dips pretzels in white chocolate... I can always count on those, and I so love white chocolate, and the salty of the pretzels... just the perfect combo.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I prefer the classic white-only lights on the tree. Last year, we got a fake tree, PRE-LIT!! Less work, that sucker is ready to go!
17. Favorite Christmas song? The bells one... I don't know the name, it's just bells, no words or singing crap. Otherwise, I don't care for Christmas music.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? It depends on what day of the week it falls, if it's near a weekend, we usually travel 5 hours south to his family's. This year, we are staying home... Steven and Mark are coming up the weekend before. So finally, a year with NO TRAVEL, it's a rarity!
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Yeah, I can... but I CHOOSE not to!
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Star... an angel always makes me think of a "stick it up your ass" joke...
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning!! ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS! JP's family is screwed up, they do the Eve thing... it's just wrong.
22. Most annoying thing(s) about this time of year? Where shall I start? 1. My favorite radio station started playing Christmas music ONLY... as in 24/7 Christmas tunes!! within a week after Halloween. No more oldies, nothing good, just Christmas crap OVER AND OVER AND OVER. So I had to find a new station for the duration. 2. Shopping when there are children present. Not mine, I'm not stupid, mine stay home, I'm talking about other people's kids... loud, tired, cranky, LEAVE THEM HOME! 3. Those people who give you gifts that you weren't expecting to receive a gift from, and then suddenly they're standing there, gift FOR YOU in their hands, and you have nothing for them... and usually, the gift they give you is one of those generic bath sets, or some other crap that nobody needs more of!

OK, that's it, thanks to Steff for this, it was fun! If anybody else is going to take it, leave me a comment so I can come see yours!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The song you are talking about is "Carol of the Bells" I believe. If that's the one, there are actually words. lol (I was in chorus in high school).

Ditto on the leave the kids AT HOME!

Steff said...

Glad I could send a little ho-ho-ho spirit your way!

Just to let you know, I had to take a $10 gift to a party and was actually going to buy one of those bath sets, but your last paragraph stopped me. Instead I found a really nice baking dish and some pot holders. That is useful right?!

Nikky said...

Wow, thanks Flat, it was actually really bugging me, the name of the song!
And Steff, I'm so glad I could steer you clear of a generic gift... I feel so accomplished this year! LOL