Friday, November 16

I am the 8th Dwarf

Happy, Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Sneezy, and Grumpy.

And then there's me... Forgetful.

I have started to feel the effects of working 55 to 60 hours in a two week period along with attempting to maintain a 3.96 GPA. Or, rather, my "thing" is being affected.

You know, everyone has a "thing" that they do, that they're good at, that they feel like they were born to do. For some people, it is raising a family, children, ya know? Nope, that's SO not my thing.

My thing is being organized and efficient. And that has started to fail. I misplaced two bills in the last month. The garbage bill, which we pay for 3 months at a time, in advance. It was due in the beginning of October. I just "found" it last week... and promptly sent off the check, along with a note of apology. And then there was the truck payment. Also due mid-October, also not paid. I honestly do not remember even seeing the bill for it. Because I know if I had seen it in the mail, the statement would have gone in the "bills" binder until payday. I have a 3 ring binder that contains the payment book for the van, the budget and all the bills that need to be paid on the next payday. THAT is my thing. THAT is what I do, and until recently, THAT is what I did well. I was on top of things, I was paying bills and writing checks either ON payday, or on occasion, the day before payday. So now I have to make two truck payments out of one paycheck. And that leaves us short. There is the money from Mom, but I don't want to use that, I said it was for Christmas shopping and I want it to stay that way. All the bills are paid, but it just leaves us a bit tighter than I prefer. JP and I both got paid, me on Thursday and him on Friday, and here it is Friday night, and the money is pretty much gone. I get a work-study check on Wednesday and all I can say is THANK GOODNESS, because instead of going to savings, that money will probably be very necessary for us to make it to the next payday.

I feel like I'm losing it. I know, I am just having a pity spazz attack, I'll be fine... but it bothers me.

No comments: