Monday, November 26

3 weeks left, falling behind

I now officially have 3 weeks left of fall classes. I am so burned out. I'm tired. I don't remember it being this bad last fall, and back then, I was carrying 19 credits, whereas I only have 17 this time. Maybe it's because I pretty much HATE all of the classes that I'm taking, and I'm barely hanging on to understanding it, too.

I just really don't think this teacher is...um... TEACHING us anything. She's more worried about us LIKING her than she is about making sure we are getting the education we are paying for. She is easily pushed over into giving us a week to do a take-home open-book test in EVERY class instead of making us actually be prepared and taking the test in class. Of course, that style of test works with how we are learning the material, since she is a terrible teacher, we have to use the book on our own to learn the stuff.

I am falling behind in Computerized Accounting. I have no clue what's going on in Business Income Tax, Managerial Accounting I can "understand" for a minute, then she moves on to (not) teach something else, and I am lost again. My Intermediate Accounting class is going okay right now, but that's due to the chapter we are on RIGHT NOW. I can't say that the next will be as understandable.

I am considering quitting my work/study job. I know I won't be able to do it in the Spring, my schedule will not really allow me to have time. Maybe I can make it just 3 more weeks. I do like the paychecks, they do come in handy.

I will be happy when Spring semester starts, even happier come May, when I graduate! I never realized how nice it was last year, to NOT work while attending school. Now, when I get home from school, I have to get ready and go to work, and when I get home from work, I SHOULD do my homework, but I am just beat, and all I want to do is relax.

I'm just whining, don't mind me, I'll get over it soon... yeah, like in 3 weeks!

By the way, I got my score on my last Macro test, got a 93 on that sucker! WoooHoooo! Sweet redemption!

3 comments:

Steff said...

I never really understood the difference between macro and micro. Anyway, I remember those "I wanna quit!" blues. It could just be that you've got more on your plate considering you're working two jobs now! Hope it all works out soon. :)

Anonymous said...

3 little weeks. a few more big tests, a few finals, then CHRISTMAS break! You can work a bazillion hours at the bank and not have to worry about HOMEWORK and what you aren't "getting" in class. You can do it. 3 teenie weenie weeks...just think that's less than one menstral cycle!! Sorry--bad analogy!

honkeie said...

The funny part about college is that I am two years shy of my degree and I do not feel I have been taught anything. I have learned tons of useless dates in history, know many facts about all kinds of things and have an over abundance of information that would help me win jeopardy. I even passed accounting I with an A and I can not recall any of it. But that is why I am going online now. Still have not really been 'taught' anything but at least I can go to class in the buff with a beer in each hand.