Tuesday, November 13

details

No, I haven't taken any pictures, but here's a rundown of the shopping I did:

  • 1 pair of shoes
  • 5 pr of pants
  • 10 shirts
  • 6 sweaters
  • 1 skirt

Most of it is mix and match, too, so the possibilities are almost endless, and it's going to be easier for my mom, too. She does my ironing... (Insert blush here, I do not know how to iron stuff) But before, I only had like 5 pairs of pants, and work 6 days a week, so she was ironing quite often for me. So really, one could say that I did all that shopping FOR HER. Plus, the money I spent on all these clothes came out of my savings account, which was stocked with MY paychecks, from the bank, and work study jobs... so I bought my own clothes, and that made me feel good.

I also got my hair cut...did I mention? I had them chop off enough so that I could donate my hair, which is something I've wanted to do for quite some time. So instead of just long layers that looked in dire need of a trim, I now have a short little bob. I like it except for one thing: my hair likes to flip out. It takes extra work (and 'product') to get it to curl under the way it's supposed to. If I just wash it and don't dry it and brush it under with the blow dryer on it, it will flip out and look stupid. So it's more work, but I really think it looks more professional, so I guess it's worth the extra time in the bathroom.

The kids have conferences coming up, and I won't be able to go to Alex's. His are tonight, and I have work. They don't give enough notice on the conference schedule for me to have asked for the night off. Next Monday are conferences for Emma and Eric (they're in elementary school, Alex is in the middle school) so I will have to miss bowling to go to theirs.

Bowling last night was pretty good, I beat my average and we beat the team we played 2 out of 3 games. It's a good thing, too, because we had a couple of weeks of really sucking, and we dropped down from 1st place. Quite a ways down in fact. There are nine teams on our league, and before last night's scores, we were down to 7th place! Oh, how the mighty have fallen, huh?

I'm looking forward to going to my Macro class tonight, I will get a test score back, and we are taking another test tonight. All of my friends did not do too well on the test (bastard teacher emailed them their scores, but NOT ME... fucker) so I am nervous about how I did...

Enough for now, maybe I will discuss more later, like after class when I get my score... or maybe I will not feel like talking about it, who knows?

5 comments:

EJL said...

I wish I could find new cloths to fit my fat ass....

but I did just have a baby.
Whatever, no exuse.

Anonymous said...

I hope you got a good score on your test. Congrats on the new clothes--I love new clothes. I bet you look great with your new 'do and new wardrobe. NOW...PICTURES MISSY!!!

Steff said...

My comment got eaten...grrr.

Okay, no wardrobe pictures can be forgiven, but you'd better show off that new 'do!

Good luck on the test! :)

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

sounds like a goooooood haircut. Working with accountants who are men makes me feel resentful about waking up earlier, so I've let the same haircut become wash-and-wear. I haven't worn makeup in forever either. Do what we do: buy clothes that don't need ironing! Always! Saves mucho headaches.

Melissa said...

I am so blinded by jealousy that I can barely type. Clothes. Haircut. Over average.

You're my kind of girl :)

It all sounds great, and I can't wait to see the haircut (post a picture!!)