Wednesday, November 28

Christmas shopping, comfortably numb

I left school early today, and didn't have to work. I ran over to Fargo, met JP (he was there all day doing a check-up at the VA Hospital, a requirement of his return...all is well, mentally and physically... my sound-minded stud muffin)

JP and I had follow-up dentist appointments, since we each had to have a filling. We decided to get started on the Christmas shopping before we got drilled though.

First we found the PERFECT gift for my mom... I am so proud of myself for thinking of it... she's going to love it! Then we went Wii game hunting. I had three specific titles in mind, one for each kid.
Alex: Bleach (some dumb Japanese anime thing)
Emma: Mario Galaxy
Eric: Lego Star Wars

I got the "expensive" gifts out of the way; the gifts that can't really be found here in our little podunk town. I still have "Christmas money" left, tucked it away, and I will be able to finish the shopping here... in all my 'spare time'..haha.

Then I got Novocaine, LOVE THAT, and got drilled... came home and found out that we have a name for the little puppy!!
After "consulting" with her son, because she was having difficulty naming "her" puppy, Mom decided upon this: ELPHABA. That is the actual first name of the Wicked Witch of the West, Wizard of Oz... have you read the book "Wicked"? or seen the Broadway play? Of course a gay man suggested a name from Broadway... Her registered name will be "Wicked Elphaba of the West" and we will call her Elfie on a daily basis.

It's officially winter here, the temps have been down to zero... sometimes I really hate Minnesota. Blowing snow, scraping windshields, it all sucks... but it is nicer this year, once we get enough snow to be shoveled, I know I won't have to do it this time! Just had another "glad he's home" moment!

No comments: