Tuesday, October 9

Spring Semester figured out

FINALLY!
I hate it when things are up in the air, and undecided.
Yesterday I sat with my advisor and figured out my spring (FINAL) semester classes.

I will be taking a wussy little 13 credits (that's what a girl gets for taking summer classes for 2 summers!) I really only need 11 to graduate, but I couldn't find a 1 credit technical elective... but it's fine, as you'll see (yeah, I'm grinnin' from ear to ear right now, I'm so freakin' happy)

Monday through Thursday (just like this semester, I have no Friday classes)

From 8 to 10 I have Intermediate Accounting
From 10 to 11 I have Fund/Non Profit Acct.
From 12 to 1 I have R.A.P. review (that's Registered Accounting Practicioner, it's a test, and the class is a review/prep for that exam)

And then, (hehe) I have my Internship. Yeah, that's right, my new job at the bank will count as an Internship, it's 3 credits that I DO have to pay for (well, not really, it's all grants) but I do not have to sit in a classroom and I do not have to buy a textbook for. Plus, oh, yeah, that's right, my "internship" job PAYS ME!

It's just great to have it settled.

Now, on to other things: bowling!
After knocking out the old bitches last week, we were alone in the #1 spot. We knocked those grannies all the way down to 3rd. Last night, we were up against the team in the #2 spot. Yeah, of course we kicked their asses. Weird thing was, we were given a 19 handicap. Supposedly, these women were a bit better than us. At least, that's what their averages told us. (that is how handicaps are figured, comparing averages) but even without the handicap, we beat them ALL THREE GAMES.
My average before last night was a 120. Of course, I had two decent games and one sucky one. Ended up with a 140, a 138 and (ugh) a 92. I still beat my average though, so next week, I'm guessing it will be up from 120 to maybe 121 or 122. As long as I match it, I'm fine, but beating it makes me happy.

I have Macro tonight. I'm a bit worried about that. I took a test last week, everyone else took the test the week before (when I was in Grand Forks, missed the test) So I know how everyone else did on it, they whined and bitched, said it was SO HARD, and they all failed miserably. No kidding, some of my friends (smart girls) got scores in the 58% area. Yeah, that's a big fat F. When I took the test, I didn't think it was too hard. Yes, I admit, I'm certain I got a couple of things wrong, but I just didn't think it was that tough. Plus, I finished it in about half an hour, and the other girls were saying they spent a good hour to an hour & a half on it. I know I read fast, but holy crap, if you don't know the answer, it will NOT come to you if you sit and stare at it for another 20 minutes, I guarantee it!
So I'm nervous to see how I did on the test.

I started doing my work/study for Marcus this morning. I like him, he's fun. I hate the classes he teaches, but he's a funny guy and he's easy to talk to. He showed me a few things this morning, how to make copies THE WAY HE WANTS THEM, how to access his files so I can grade the assignments that students upload for him, different things, but it was not hard, and I think it will be a good second job for me.

Both my jobs limit how many hours per week I have have. The bank, I am limited to 17 hours per week, and the TA thing has a 10 hour per week limit. Yeah, not much, but every little bit helps when I am trying to pay off EVERYTHING.

Long post, huh?
Well, I don't have alot of time early in the week to sit at home with my laptop, so I have to wait til I get into my Business Income Tax class to play catch-up on emails, blogs (writing and reading) and occasionally, if I have time, I veg out with Pogo.com but I don't see myself having that kind of time today. I've babbled long enough in here for the day I guess. Now I'm off to read the lives of others!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you did great on that test. Sounds like you are just smarter and more dedicated than your other class folks.

Bowling..don't really know about all that .

It's really great that you can work at the bank, play with money, get paid green, and it counts for college credit.

Melissa said...

"knocking out the old bitches", lol. I love it! Go Nikky!

Good news about the internship credits.