Saturday, October 20

Here's the mail, it never fails

it makes me wanna wag my tail.
When it comes I wanna wail MMMAAAAIIIIILLLLLL!!

(Blue's Clues... the mail song...? nope? Well, anyway, take my word for it, it's very catchy)

I got the mailbox mounted up on the house, new and improved and goin' nowhere!
I also made supper, a yummy Chicken Alfredo with Penne pasta...
Then I sat down to count my change in my jar. I have a one gallon glass jar (used to be full of Spanish olives, got it from a bar) and I put change into it. I have a separate coffee canister for pennies, so the olive jar is just for silver. It's probably about 1/6th full, and it's already got $130 in it! I was happy about that. I'm going to keep it here until it's full, then take it in to work and cash it in. Since it's taken me about 3 to 4 months to get it this far, I imagine it will be quite some time before I am hauling it in.

I was ready to go to sleep at 6 pm. Now it's almost 9 and I can't believe I'm still up. I'm allowing myself to sleep in tomorrow, then it's laundry and Macro notes. And Managerial Accounting homework... homework that was due last week, that I didn't understand then, and still don't understand now... I'm going to have to get someone who understands it to explain it to me... otherwise it's going to be a very ugly semester. I really don't want ANOTHER B on my transcripts... I'm still trying to recover from the last one (the first one, the ONLY one). My GPA is at 3.94, and no matter what, I can never get that 4.0 back... but I can still try for a 3.99, right?

Well, that's it, it's 9, and I'm getting into my jammies and into my bed... alone... but he'll be home tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love silver change!!!

Yeah you knew I wouldn't get the Blues Clues jingle..thanks for clarifying where you heard it.

Good luck on your homework. Hope your night alone was good.

Steff said...

I have something similar...a half gallon jar from Hot Springs, AR. I love to guess how much money I have in there when I take it in to change it into bills. It adds up fast! So what do you do with your money...anything special?

Hopefully you got to sleep in a long time this morning!

Nikky said...

oh, I DID get to sleep in, til shortly after 11!!

Now I have to get back into school/work mode.