Saturday, October 6

Playing catch-up

Saturday night for this boring middle aged married girl means a few Mike's and a blog entry about what's been going on, now that I have a few minutes to sit (and sip) and catch my breath.

So, I've been asked about my job at the bank. Well, the short version of it is this:I LOVE IT! I was born to do a job like this. The long version is that I work with a bunch of NICE people. I've never had that before... it's sort of intimidating the way these women are. They're not like me. They don't say "the F word", hell, I bet they wouldn't say shit if they had a mouthful. They have "nice" conversations about things like the Deli honey ham that's on sale today only at the grocery store. I don't have conversations like that. I have crude conversations, and raunchy funny conversations. So I feel like I have to watch my mouth all day long. I know, that doesn't sound like a great environment, but in reality, that is what I've always wanted. To me, it feels like the first REAL job I've ever had. I have a job that doesn't require steel toed shoes or safety glasses. But in some ways, it's alot like other jobs I've had... everywhere you go, people are idiots, and people are mean. We are supposed to call them "clients" but basically, it's the people who bank here, and they think the world either DOES or SHOULD revolve around them. No, not all of them, but the obnoxious ones always seem to stand out, am I right?

So my schedule is pretty full...

Mondays: classes 8-3.... work from 3:30 til 5:45.... bowling from 6:30 til 9:30

Tuesdays: TA for Marcus 8-10... classes from 10 til 3... work from 3:30 til 5:45.... MacroEcon (I have one night class) from 6:30 til 9

Wednesdays: Classes from 8-2... work 3:30 to 5:45 (and then I get to go home and STAY home)

Thursdays: TA for Marcus 8-10... classes from 10 til 12... work varies here, either I start at 3:30 or 2. and I'm off at 5:45

Fridays: TA for Marcus 8-12... work 2-6:15.

Saturdays: work 8-12:15.

Sunday is the only day that I have NOTHING to do. Except homework. and housework. and sleep. and errands. and shopping. and football. (although the Vikings have a bye this weekend)

ok, time to grab more Mike's and get ready for the next episode of America's Next Top Model (yes, guilty pleasure!)

3 comments:

Steff said...

OMG...I LOVE ANTM!!!

I'm always amazed at how those girls look in those pictures. :)

Now, I have to go and lay down. Your weekly schedule wore me out!

Anonymous said...

One thing I love about working in the hospital is EVERYTHING can and usually is turned into a perverted subject. You can't talk about ANYTHING without it turning funny. Afterall I ask people to remove their clothes all day long..who else gets to do that for a living and work in flourescent lighting??

Isn't 5:45 pm a little late each day? That's almost my bedtime!

Nikky said...

Well, Flat, the bank closes at 5:30 and they figure about 15 minutes for "closing procedures"

On Fridays, the drive up is open til 6, so they schedule us til 6:15. And yeah, some days it does seem to be awfully late.